X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• com.br not possible to transfer?

Hi gyus,

I'm in charge of building a site and my frinds already have the domain: www.avbn.com.br
    I've done some research here with VH and I understand that I can not transfer .br
    My idea is to transfer this domain and using BV, build the site for them.

Have told them that (I think) this is not possible - to transfer this particular domain, and suggenst a new domain that IS available, like www.avbn.gov, and then start from the begining. They didn't like the idea and want to keep the original one: www.avbn.com.br

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
    N Z B R
    t o u r s
    New Zealand Tours
    Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
    Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
    Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
    Neuseeland Reisen

Re: com.br not possible to transfer?

I mentioned in an earlier thread to create it as an Add-On Domain to your account, but since this is not your Domain, they will need to purchase a VH Hosting account of their own (which you can access to create the site for them), and by leaving the Domain at the present Registrar, they/you can simply change the DNS/Nameserver settings on the Domain at that same Registrar to point to the VH Hosting account: you do not need to transfer the Domain.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili,

Here we go again...
      Question that my friends have asked me to set up the site properly so I can star working, and I quote you:

How do they "simply change the DNS/Nameserver settings on the Domain at that same Registrar to point to the VH Hosting account"? (after have bought the VH Hosting account as you have mentioned).

They have purchased the domain a few years ago and don't have any knowledge to go about all these changes.
      (They are basketball players - masters, and that's what they do!)

Thanks,
      N Z B R
      t o u r s
      New Zealand Tours
      Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
      Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

domain: avbn.com.br
        owner: ASSOCIAÇÃO DE VETERANOS DE BASQUETEBOL DE NITERÓI (475241)

Apparently the Registrar is www.Registro.br ... which is where you need to start to find out the WHOIS information --- the twin IP numbers that indicate WHO IS the actual Registrar (Authority) that controls the domain, as this Registrar of Record is the one to contact to use their Domain Control Panel to enter and make the DNS/Nameserver changes to point to the VodaHost Hosting account.

You (or they) should go through the DNS Tutorials to learn the PROCESS itself by studying the steps to make DNS changes as if the Domains were at GoDaddy, for instance. Apply the same principles when dealing with the Registrar of this ".br" Domain.... someone has to gain access (meaning need a User Name and Password) to the Domain Control Panel to enter the server IP addresses for the specific VodaHost account. Even if the Registrar has to do it for you, it still needs to be done at where the Domain was purchased and Registered and still resides.

The first steps of purchasing a hosting account from VH is to answer if you will purchase a domain include in the package, or "associate" with the account a Domain you already own: this is where someone needs to enter this domain so the account has a Primary Domain name associated.
        THEN you go to the Domain Registrar and make the DNS changes to point to the hosting account using the paired IP addresses provided in the Welcome Email --- so the Domain can pint to the proper server assigned to your hosting account.

The KEY is to gain access to the Control Panel or to the Registrar themselves to make these changes. This is really the most basic steps in hosting, and it is up to whomever to do it themselves, to learn to do it themselves or to "know" what needs to be done so they can be sure it is done correctly (especially if they cannot do it themselves).

Learn the methods by "interpreting" the principles outlined in these DNS Tutorials, and apply the same manner to getting it done on this "new" Domain.

IN THE SIMPLEST OF TERMS:
        Make whoever purchased the Domain to begin with go back to the people he purchased it from (since he can prove ownership of the Domain and authority over it) and either request them to help make DNS changes, or do it themselves: they will change the current setting from a "Parking Page" to the paired IP addresses provided by VodaHost upon purchasing a hosting account.

If ANY of this proves too difficult, you might try working with VodaHost Support instead of posting this in the Forums (where no one can really do anything for you other than offer advice, point you to Tutorials or threads, or find solutions using personal experience).
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

It couldn't be clearer than that! Thanks.

Will let them know what they must do.
          Have also checked the link you have provided: the DNS tutorials; and it looks simple the changes that need to be done.

Thanks again,
          N Z B R
          t o u r s
          New Zealand Tours
          Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
          Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Working...
          X