Your Thoughts please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Thoughts please

Hi I am a dance owner and looking at developing a website like menulog.com, wotif.com, lastminute.com for dancers to choice dance classes to attend, where they pay online and then attend the dance class

Beofre I do this I would like to know on the public oppion before I begin developing it

Re: Your Thoughts please

Certainly very fashionable at the moment with all the TV programs on around the world. Possibly break your site down to continents & country's for you listings.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you,

Finally thinks its a good idea...

Only thing is who would I charge for my service the dance owners listing their school or the student for the booking fee.

I was thinking both - doing an administration charge for the dance owner for all my time and a booking fee for the students

Comment

I think you charge the person who receive payment.

Comment

Hello

it is good idea but first look at whats how there before you start making it. See whether there is competition for you website. Next thing, you need figure out how to bring traffic and advertise your website. You will only be profitable if you bring more dance studio owners to sign up and they will only signup if they think they will get business thru you. You have to first prove to them that you can bring business thru your traffic. Thats catch 22 in any web based business.

I have similar concepts in different business areas but couldn't proceed because of money need to bring traffic and business to the website. Think about those things before you start spending money building a website.

Just my 2cents.
          Life is too short, let's make it worth a life time.

Sites hosted with Vodahost,
          www.vijaianand.com
          www.igurus.net
          www.firsttimecruising.com

Signature Rules Apply

Comment

This concept will work best using streaming, but the use of streams on VodaHost servers is prohibited.

If you simply wish to 'distribute' your classes as "Modules" using video clips, that too can be done, but you will have to compel the Users to download them to be played on their own time. This CAN be done by first converting the video to Flash (which cannot simply be copied) from a dynamic page created by a shopping cart using a time-out script: the cart will "deliver" a link to a webpage the clip is available to be viewed on, and the page itself has an expiration.

Otherwise, you will run into a wall trying to figure out how to protect your video/class, and how to best manage your distribution within the parameters of your Hosting Provider Server criteria.

The only other alternative is to collect money via your site for a SCHEDULED webinar that you can stream live to those "in attendance" (one-way or actually have a HUGE big screen divided into smaller screens as desired) .... you can distribute specific links pre-authorized for the 'events' scheduled using the webinar provider of your choice to the Suscribers via a pre-approved email distribution for them to be able to login at the appropriate time to participate.
            Depending on how long each class is set to run, this might prove the most cost-efficient manner for you to determine the cost of such "subscription" based on the number of 'seats' the Provider allows and charges rates for.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X