Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new website

Hi there,

Just set up my first website and want to get some feedback and suggestions.

My site is called www.poker******z.com

All criticisms are welcom, both good and bad!

Also does anybody know how i could register my site with googles index and how long it takes?

Re: new website

Hi, nice/clean easy to follow.
    Couple of small bits!
    Could maybe do with some information on all pages about where you are on the site, like the introduction page. http://www.poker******z.com/downloads_intro.html
    Not to sure on the looks of the buttons?? But this is more than lightly just me. Might of been able to blend them in a bit nicer with the menu bar option.
    BV buttons are fine with white backgrounds, but look a bit cheap on coloured ones.

Otherwise realy well laid out. Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

the text for title is a bit fuzzy for me
      needs more content on front page i.e pics maybe
      looks realy nice so far to me and intersting, poker is big business

spelling seems ok to me bit i cant spoll
      links eem ok
      what is it you are telling us about how to win at poker or make money? cos all i see is a load of links to ebooks etc i thought it was going to be some usefull info about how to play tips a etc any way nice siote will be good but needs filling out with a bit more content
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

PS. to the last post!
        Its may help a lot to get up the Google rankings with your Meta tags matching the content of the page. You have few like, poker,online with these Meta tags

<poker,internet poker,poker online,poker info,poker information, poker income,free poker info,free poker information">

Maybe add a little more text info to the page & tags to match the info.
        IE: Gambling, betting, cards, Names of games & so on. Then place these in the M/Tags as well.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

It is very important to make sure your grammer and spelling is correct. I am afraid it is full of mistakes.

I have listed them below for you.

Here are ten of the most universially agreed upon tips to help you become a better, more profitable player.

Never play too many hands

Unless you hit high pairs every deal that is! A lot of beginners, including myself in the past have, have made or are making the mistake of playing too many hands. If you want to decrease the element of luck in your game, you should focus on playing those starting cards that have a high value.

Holdem or Foldem

Have you ever been in that all to familiar situation, where you have been dealt a mediocre hand but feel by judging other players that you have the best hand. You are called, but then you raise a large amount, a semi-bluff, only to see another player re-raise or put you all in. Yet in your gut you know your beat, but you still call because you dont want to loose that pot, or your praying your hand is better. But when the cards are on their backs you you should have trusted your gut and just stepped away. If you learn to be disciplined and fold when you know your beat, you will become a much tougher opponent.

Study your opponents

Although you cant see your opponents expressions when playing online holdem, you can still learn how they play just by watching them carefully. The ability to quickly establish how an online opponent plays and how they are likely to react to a particular situation takes time and lots of experience. However the beter you get at it will reflect in you win ratio. So instead of making a cup of coffee when you fold at the first round of betting, study your opponents, look at their betting patterns and make a mental note of everything.

Bets can tell a story

Some players use different betting techniques to learn more about their opposition. Some players may make a large bet at the first round of betting to filter out those players with low cards that may just want to call. This particular example is very common in Texas Holdem poker.

Get inside your opponents head

If you continuously study your opponent and are familiarised with his/her betting patterns start asking yourself questions when you play them. Ask questions like "what cards does he have if he is willing to raise", "what cards did he have the last time he raised in a similar situation" e.c.t.

Learn to bluff

This a very important part of poker. However, do make a note that betting big when you have nothing is not a very good idea. You may get away with it sometimes but eventually you will get caught out. This is a mistake that beginners often make. Bluffing should only be used at the right time and against the right person in the right situation. For example, if there is a low probability that your opponent will called, or if that opponent makes a habit of of becomming timid when large stakes are played.
          Become unpredictable

If you can study a player and gain a knowledge of that player that allows you to accurately predict what type of hand they have by their betting patterns, your opponents can do the exact same. With this in mind you should try to mix a little bit of unpredictability into your game. Play some unorthidox cards and maybe bluff a bit, only when the oppertunity reveals itself though.

Use player position to your advantage

This means that if you are first to be dealt to it may be a good idea to play conservatively. For example, you hold a pair of 7s. You place a large bet only to see the guy beside you raise, then the next in line re-raise. You then wished you had just called! Another example sees you on the dealer button. This means you are the last to bet. You have the advantage of viewing all the bets before you decide how to bet.

Dont and cant need to be can't and don't also. This is just the tips page and you really need to put the rest through spellchecker.
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk
          The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
          Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
          Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

very nice although i'm not a gambler but looks good
            "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

thanks all for the feedback, appreciate it!

Comment

Hey Colossus

Good Start. Your site is easily navigated and uncomplicated. Keep up the good work.
                Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

I Like it too! I don't gamble, but looks good.
                  Sharon Chajin

Comment

Nice and clean, simplified, thought-out.....should prove to do the trick.

Now, just the need to go back and fully configure KeyWords, Meta, and tight SEO foundations.
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Nice...like the colors

contact page "id" try not to use contractions. I would sounds better...if you do use an ' between the letters...

affilitates page, logo on bottom overlaps

center top banner and titles with body text..in my opinion

i like two spaces after punctution, thats just mla / apa style i use in school...looks cleaner..

a few wordy sentences here and there, most people will not read that much info..

keep up the good work
                      http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

Working...
                      X