Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LightBox Image Missing

Hi:
    I have used the lightbox feature thus far successfully. however, I just wanted to add a third one on my portfolio page and once published, the images are not showing; I can only see a blank square with a tiny logo in the center of it. what am I doing wrong?

thanks
    marcel fundora
    www.marcelfundora.com/portfolio.html

Re: cannot see images added to light box once the page is published.

LightBox is a very 'heavy' script to burden a page with, and yet you are adding 3 to a single page. Didn't you wonder why it became so slow to load?

I can only suggest some details to investigate, as it is likely something with regard to how you configured this LightBox or the image you intend to present.

1. Your image is lacking the ".jpg" extension in the page code, suggesting that you may not have included it in LightBox as needs be, and thus LB cannot "find" it to display.
    2. You may also wish to confirm the exact spelling of the image file name to be sure you have entered correctly, using a number "1" instead of a capital "I" ..
    3. The size you specified in your thumbnail is supposed to be 288x286, the image appears to be 256x282.
    4. You cannot "copy" Lightbox page-to-page in any other fashion but to embed directly (you cannot SAVE PAGE AS a different name to duplicate pages): you need to COPY + PASTE using the icons the same LightBox directly onto pages.
    5. If you have not done so, you should reduce the file size of your images to better optimize them for loading and to reduce overall page file coding -- try to keep everything lean and clean. Download Pixresizer from VodaHost (free) if need be, to open and close/re-save in a smaller file format.
    6. If you page code is indeed heavy using 3 Lightbox scripts, and your image files have not been optimized, it may also be that your pages are not being properly published since it is too much to do over the connection you maintain. Try re-publishing the page 3-4 times to make sure everything is not being exposed to a connection glitch (of course, make sure all of the above are dealt with prior!).

These points may or may not help you find your error, but it is definitely on your end. Apart from placing too many heavy scripts onto your page when you may instead use Gallery to present a single image (the point is to consider using different methods to accomplish the same goal, in a concerted effort to reduce page file size and to not create scripting conflicts), it is usually the small details that tend to confuse proper setup.

Have you already studied the multiple "Sticky" Threads that offer different solutions to known LightBox issues? You will find them at the top of a few of the Forums -- you will have to browse a couple to find them all.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you! I will look into that.

Marcel Fundora

Comment

Hello Vasili:

thank you for your response yesterday. I tried different ways to make the images show, but to no avail.
        I went over some of the stickies on the forum. Lastly, I tried to post a single picture only to realize not even a single picture would show. I keep getting the blank square with a small icon in the center:

the strange thing is that before this, I was able to insert pictures in my pages successfully; even when I had 2 lightboxes in place; all of a sudden this is not possible; I can see the pictures while I am designing the page, but once it is published, nothing shows.

I need to solve this problem as soon as possible, please help. could it be that I am missing a plug in? any suggestions are appreciated.

thank you

Marcel Fundora

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        LightBox is a very 'heavy' script to burden a page with, and yet you are adding 3 to a single page. Didn't you wonder why it became so slow to load?

I can only suggest some details to investigate, as it is likely something with regard to how you configured this LightBox or the image you intend to present.

1. Your image is lacking the ".jpg" extension in the page code, suggesting that you may not have included it in LightBox as needs be, and thus LB cannot "find" it to display.
        2. You may also wish to confirm the exact spelling of the image file name to be sure you have entered correctly, using a number "1" instead of a capital "I" ..
        3. The size you specified in your thumbnail is supposed to be 288x286, the image appears to be 256x282.
        4. You cannot "copy" Lightbox page-to-page in any other fashion but to embed directly (you cannot SAVE PAGE AS a different name to duplicate pages): you need to COPY + PASTE using the icons the same LightBox directly onto pages.
        5. If you have not done so, you should reduce the file size of your images to better optimize them for loading and to reduce overall page file coding -- try to keep everything lean and clean. Download Pixresizer from VodaHost (free) if need be, to open and close/re-save in a smaller file format.
        6. If you page code is indeed heavy using 3 Lightbox scripts, and your image files have not been optimized, it may also be that your pages are not being properly published since it is too much to do over the connection you maintain. Try re-publishing the page 3-4 times to make sure everything is not being exposed to a connection glitch (of course, make sure all of the above are dealt with prior!).

These points may or may not help you find your error, but it is definitely on your end. Apart from placing too many heavy scripts onto your page when you may instead use Gallery to present a single image (the point is to consider using different methods to accomplish the same goal, in a concerted effort to reduce page file size and to not create scripting conflicts), it is usually the small details that tend to confuse proper setup.

Have you already studied the multiple "Sticky" Threads that offer different solutions to known LightBox issues? You will find them at the top of a few of the Forums -- you will have to browse a couple to find them all.

Comment

hi Vasili:

finally figured it out!
          I was publishing html files only......somehow I changed this option in the publish dialog window.

thanks for the help

marcel fundora

Originally posted by marcelfu View Post
          Hello Vasili:

thank you for your response yesterday. I tried different ways to make the images show, but to no avail.
          I went over some of the stickies on the forum. Lastly, I tried to post a single picture only to realize not even a single picture would show. I keep getting the blank square with a small icon in the center:

the strange thing is that before this, I was able to insert pictures in my pages successfully; even when I had 2 lightboxes in place; all of a sudden this is not possible; I can see the pictures while I am designing the page, but once it is published, nothing shows.

I need to solve this problem as soon as possible, please help. could it be that I am missing a plug in? any suggestions are appreciated.

thank you

Marcel Fundora

Comment

Working...
          X