This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's duplicate content?

Yeah, okay, I know what it is, but when is it allowed? I've asked for visitors experiences of some of the walks I describe on my mountainwalk.co.uk site, and someone's replied saying please copy the contents of my blog! It's good stuff - it will give me about 2 pages of useful and relevant info for my site. But will Google see it as cheating?

As far as I'm concerned it gives extra info to increase the user experience of using the site. But as it's my top money earner I don't want to do anything to risk this site dropping down the rankings.

You might notice folks that I've been quiet for a while. And now I'm updating I seemed to have to find an excuse to come on VodaTalk first. ;0)
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Re: What's duplicate content?

Hey Trish!

The Search Engines will in fact see it as duplicated content if:
    1. It is more than 20% of your total page content;
    2. It has duplicated tags (or h-tag) info on virtually the same non-edited text (basically copied text and SE values verbatim);
    3. If it is more than 50 words (the average character limit defaulted in Wordpress, for example, for their article intos ... and about half the number of total Keywords allowed per website page) without a "source link" or footnote. These links allow it to become a permissable "quote" or "excerpt" which as a backlink may actually add additional SE values. *Bottom line here is that when you are copying from a blog or whatever, to always include a link back to the source (which as a 'Backlink" should be selectively chosen for not only complimentary content that adds relevance, but for complimentary Page Rank also).

The General Rule is to keep no more than 15% of any single page's Content duplicated or non-unique, and the remaining 85% truly page-specific and naturally composed to validate the relevancy for page and site overall.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: What's duplicate content?

Thanks that helps - will have to make some amendments. What about photos? Does Google clock these as being the same?

How are you doing, anyway, Vasili?
      Trish
      www.Limebrook.com
      www.MountainWalk.co.uk
      www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
      www.TucsonForBeginners.com
      www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Working...
      X