Using a Vodahost mysql database via another website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a Vodahost mysql database via another website

This is just a quick question is this allowed ?

Basically I want to know if I am allowed to keep a local sandbox on my machine at home or at my workplace but use a database on my account with Vodahost?

Do you allow this?
    obviously this would still be following all your terms and conditions in regards to content etc.

I have Static IP's so they are easily added to the cpanel just want clarification if this is allowed or not ?

I currently use Mysql Administrator to manage my Databases so I know it is possible to remotely connect to vodahost server

Thanks in advance

Re: Using a Vodahost mysql database via another website

I don't see why that would be a problem (may want to wait for the official word from vodahost).

I think the only problem they would have is if you are using the database on an external website that isn't hosted by vodahost.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Looking at the Terms of Service...

under Resource usage 9)
      Users may not initiate the following:

e) Offer services to third parties that are run off of VodaHost's servers.

Now what is classed as third party ? another website using a service off a Vodahost Server does not mean it has been offered

example I have a private server that is owned by me at work, so is that defined as third party ?

if so how would this differ to my own server at home ?

like you have said I think this needs clarification from an official source

Comment

Connecting to a database using MySQL admin instead of a browser completely different the running a a third party service. What that part of the TOS is referring to is running a public email service, or a free javascript tool that people can put on their own site, but is run by a website on a vodahost server. (like a hit counter, or one of the however many tools that leech off of others sites)

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Still waiting for clarification if I am allowed to use the mysql database on another site which I own ?

Comment

First of all, this is not the correct forum. You should have posted in Presales, as only VH staff could answer you 100% postively.
            Second: remote access is allowed. That's why it exists as feature.

However, you do not specify what use of this database you are going to do through this remote connection. Without clarifying this, it is impossible to give you an answer.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X