X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow Effect Settings

Hi,
    I have a rectangular shape on top of my site's background.
    I have used the offset x to create a outer shadow to the right hand side of this shape.
    No matter how I try, I cannot create the same shadow to the shape's left side.
    Am I doing something wrong, or should I perhaps think of re-installing Bluevoda?

Best regards,
    Derek D
    www.hyipshadow.com
    Derek
    Hyipshadow.com

Re: Outer Shadow

Originally posted by Derek D View Post
    I have a rectangular shape on top of my site's background.
    I have used the offset x to create a outer shadow to the right hand side of this shape.
    No matter how I try, I cannot create the same shadow to the shape's left side.
    Am I doing something wrong, or should I perhaps think of re-installing Bluevoda?

Best regards,
    Derek D
    www.hyipshadow.com
    BlueVoda allows you to apply Shadows to static objects imported onto your BlueVoda pages such as Shapes and Images (but not Layers, which are dynamically generated "styles" and not "static objects") using the simple "XY Offset" Tool which is found in the PROPERTIES Dialog of both Shapes and Images (double-click on Shape or Image to reveal Properties Dialog), which uses the same "positioning" principle as the XY Axis Position Plotter (located in the bottom-right Toolbar in the BlueVoda Workpane).

If in doubt when interpretively using the "XY Offset" Tool in BlueVoda, simply look at the Shape Display window in PROPERTIES as you are configuring the Shadow effect for visual illustration of your customization settings defined by the following:
    1. "Y" is the setting for "Vertical" Slope, and Positive integers apply to the RIGHT, and Negative integers apply to the LEFT.
    2. "X" is the setting for "Horizontal" Slope, and Positive integers apply to the BOTTOM, and Negative integers apply to the TOP.
    Thus, a setting of 5,5 will show a Shadow on the RIGHT side and the BOTTOM, whereas -5,5 will show a Shadow on the LEFT side and the BOTTOM; -5,-5 will show a Shadow on the LEFT side and the TOP, and so on.
    3. Only one set (one vertical with one horizontal - i.e. -5,5) of parameters can be configured for an individual object, meaning if you require both left and right sides or all sides, you will have to precisely "layer" multiple objects in order to create a "composite" whole (i.e. one with settings 5,5 and another with -5,-5 "stacked" in precise exact same position on the page).

This universal positioning principle (based on the Algebraic "XY Slope Intercept Formula") is repeated throughout the world of computers, and seen in every Formatting Tool in BlueVoda web design and other software titles (even in MS Publisher!).

Be sure to set in PROPERTIES your Shapes to "Anti-Alias" for best rendition of edges, borders, and contrast between actual Shape and backgrounds (including applied effects such as Shadows).

* If "stacking" objects with Shadow applied, be sure to avoid duplicating edges with Shadows, as this will create a much darker shadow on that one edge and disrupt any continuity overall. Use the "0" to complete the required integer entry for the set of parameters that does not create an action. For example, if you are stacking 2 Shapes with Shadows in order to have the effect on 3 sides only (Left, Bottom, Right), your settings would look like -5,0 and 5,5 (with the '0' in the first set defaulting as "no Bottom or Top").

* There are many ways to customize the application of Shadows on your Shapes and Images, especially by adjusting size of the shadow, the color (or hue) and the transparency of such effect. This allows many more opportunities to truly match best effect to colorized or graphical backgrounds.

Although there are no Tutorials regarding Formatting of Shadows, simple attentive experimentation should prove sufficient.

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X