Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Website. Please review and comment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Website. Please review and comment...

Please review my site any suggestions and comments are appreciated.

Click here to view it.

Re: New Website. Please review and comment...

Hi Rickthefox!!

I think your site has got lots of valuable information in it - however it wasn't easy to access it all.
    I'm not a great fan of the rotating navigation bar. It didn't always stop when I wanted it to and I was left waiting for it to come round again to find the button I wanted. Don't know what I did but at one point it started going round backwards at twice the speed - I got quite dizzy!

Also on the other pages you have to go back to the home page to find the other pages which was inconvenient. I personally would change the rotating bar but if you really want to keep it I would at least have a static bar on the other pages. Make it easy for people to find what they're looking for.

Hope this helps - good luck!!
    Elena
    www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

I think the navigation looks great but doesn't lend itself well for this purpose. I also got dizzy and your other pages link back to this one forcing me to keep using it.

I think its a nice idea as an intro page, but I would have text links at the bottom for ease of use and your other pages to have a conventional nav menu at the top, repeated on each page instead of being forced to go back to the start.

All the best

Darren
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thank you Darren and Elena for your valuable comments. I had that feeling when I was making the rotating nav bar... It was just for the wow factor in the beginning. I think you are right Darren, I will just make it into an intro page... I made a conventional menu bar mode on that first page also for now so you can just go to it if you dont like the rotating nav bar...

I will come back again if I can come up with another concept. Thank you again for taking the time to look at it...

Rickthefox

Comment

I'm dizzy.... Let me off.. let me off!
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Lol, Sorry Marin... Im going to try and fix that carousel, and if I cant then I will just delete that entire concept and just use it as an intro page. Try the Menu mode and comment please.

Ricky

Comment

Originally posted by wghptrlz
              Hello Rick the Fox, I took a look at your site... I think she bangs.
              Hmmm... how does a site BANG? and why is it a she.. ???? I feel a heavy delete button coming on.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Wgh,

Thank you for responding... What do you mean by she bangs? LOL

Comment

2nd attempt please comment

Hello all,

Here is my 2nd attempt. Although its not completed yet I just want to hear comments about it that I can improve.. Share with me your thoughts.

Click here

Comment

Re: 2nd attempt please comment

Also if you have any suggestions on how to improve the site, please, I am all ears. Thanks again to DarrenC who commented on the previous and gave me some good advice.

Comment

Re: 2nd attempt please comment

Hi, need to reduce your image kb's & size to help with page loading.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Please dont make more duplicate threads for this.. its hard for everyone to keep up with what you are doing and what has already been suggested. Just click on your name and find all threads by you...

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hello again Rickthefox!

Had another quick look at your site - so glad you decided to change the spinning carousel!

The thing that needs to be done first though is to address to loading times - most pages are taking too long to load.Also when I clicked on the link I didn't have my screen open to the maximum and after waiting ages for it to load I then was waiting for some kind of navigation bar to appear. It was only after I realised it had fully loaded that I had to look and see where to go. The click to enter button was right at the very bottom - maybe an idea to have that near the top so there's no confusion. Also that button changes to Go Back when you click on the weather button which for me was unnecessary - I found myself thinking "but I don't want to go back, I want to move on" - personally I'd keep the button as it was because it took you to the same page anyway and people can use the back arrow if they want to.

Is there a particular reason for having a vertical nav bar down the side and also a horizontal one? Pyschologically I was wondering where to go first. There's plenty of empty space down the side - I'd be inclined to streamline that and keep everything together.

There are a few links not working ( eg Your team ) but maybe you've not finished that yet?

Also I clicked on the French site ( we're in France so I was interested!) and the horizontal nav bar is still in English as well as some bits which don't have a logical automatic translation which makes it look a bit unfinished and less professional.

Hope I don't sound too nitpicky and that you find this constructive - keep up the good work!

Elena
                          www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

No Elena, I value your comments... I am still on the refining stage but I just want to get some reaction again... I am working still on the translation and just realized that the horizontal nav bars don't get read but the translator so I guess I need to find a way to do that. I am also not that great with French so I wasn't too sure where and which words don't really make sense. That goes the same for the other languages there.

Still working on the other pages as I am doing all the writing as well... Wish the night is longer and I am not so tired when I get home and I can finish writing all the articles. Did all my seller tips all 22 articles in 2 nights(guess i was in the mood for writing).

Anyway thanks again for your comment... I will definitely work on those, maybe you can also help me with the French Translation.

Rick

Comment

Hi Rick

I have had another look and I apolgise is perhaps I may be repeating anything that has already been said - but this is my take on it.

1) Index page - does'nt make me dizzy any more.... Great!
                              2) Index page2 (and others) - Move 'select a language', 'select a link' and the 'Guam' links further up the page. So it is more accessible, especially if you speak a different language.
                              3) Weather Time Page - Needs to have your upper and left nav buttons on it. At the moment it looks like your index page.
                              4) Contact Page - Lose the flourescent green. You have a great template and this devalues it.
                              5) Our location Page - Looks good, however you might want to consider resizing the map so it fits nicely on the white background.
                              6) I really like what you've done with the 'Sale Pages' and so on, that's impressive however I would make the silver/grey header smaller so it fits the blue background without overlapping.
                              7) As Chris mentioned, take some action with your images. They are a bit on the heavy side - The size is OK, its the weight in kb's. As you may have learned it makes the pages take longer to load.

Hope this helps

Darren
                              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
                              X