Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revamped RTF Greek guesthouse site - please give it a test run!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revamped RTF Greek guesthouse site - please give it a test run!

www.redtractorfarm.com
    It took so much longer than anticipated but here's the leaner, hopefully more user friendly, site for our cannery, guesthouse and vineyard on Kea. I have a couple felements I still must add but the paths are all in place. This is actually 2 sites in 1 since all pages are now in English and Greek. Does anyone know about tricks for avoiding spam coming through on the forms? Also, what is the pngfix.*** page I see on cpanel that is being viewed frequently?

Thank you,
    Marcie
    Marcie
    www.redtractorfarm.com
    www.iloveacorns.com
    www.halfkilofeta.com

Re: Revamped RTF Greek guesthouse site - please give it a test run!

Looks nice and clean, even with the added "promotions" being so prominent! Puts more of an emphasis on the Farm being a destination rather than something of an afterthought as it was previously with so much prominence given to the Acorn project and other aspects.

Good job!

1. Install the CAPTCHA feature on your email Forms to prevent bots and scripts from auto-filling emails as they try to compromise your server .... (from the BV Toolbar: INSERT > FORM > CAPTCHA) ... this tool requires human interaction to process any emails, and usually this is enough to thwart most schemes.

2. Ignore the PNGFIX notices and instances entirely ... it is merely different browsers checking for formatting (as Internet Explorer prior to version 8 relied on the earlier versions of BV to include the PNGFIX code to allow transparent backgrounds to be displayed properly). BV12 and later now include this within the HTML5 coding itself, not dependent upon CSS as once was.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the thumbs up Vasili, hope you're feeling better.
      Off to put the CAPTCHA on forms.
      Both halfkilofeta(no forms) & iloveacorns are getting many external links .ru.
      Assuming this is bad how do I stop it?

Thanks, 1st version - which I inadverdantly deleted - was more gracious!
      Marcie
      Marcie
      www.redtractorfarm.com
      www.iloveacorns.com
      www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

What do you mean by "getting many external links"?? In emails, or actual links being placed on the site??

If they are being inserted into emails, then you CAN establish some validation in the Form Textboxes to deny insertion of certain symbols or numbers, but if they come in as part of the text message itself, once the CAPTCHA is configured, it will likely be enough to indicate to any actual person that you have taken steps to thwart any compromise.

If these "external links" are showing up ON THE STE somehow, I would contact Support to have them check to see if those sites have somehow already been compromised, and what they can do to help clean them out. You can also access those sites via cPanel and delete any files that look foreign to you to help begin the cleaning process. Support should be in on this, however, if indeed these links have been inserted into your page coding ...
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Sorry, I wasn't very clear.
          In CPanel Awstats I see the links. I'll get support on it right away and clean up what I can.
          Thanks as always!
          M
          Marcie
          www.redtractorfarm.com
          www.iloveacorns.com
          www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Tried to contact vodasupport but get a page error every time. What's up?
            Marcie
            www.redtractorfarm.com
            www.iloveacorns.com
            www.halfkilofeta.com

Comment

Working...
            X