Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website review

Hi everyone,

Ive had a few problems but still learning, but managed to get a half decent website published, please feel fee to have a look and let me know what u you think, any ideas, or anything i could add to make it better?

many thanks

sam

www.sjskinner.co.uk

Re: website review

The practice of having music automatically playing when landing on your site is quite passe, and literally creates a prime reason for people to instantly abandon your site without bothering to turn the clip off. Especially when the clip has absolutely nothing to do with your site and is such a gross violation of Internet Etiquette (especially since it proves disturbing to others nearby).

I would think it not only a solution but a clear advance in site design if you would instead have a brief video introduction automatically play on the index page .... some clip of the owner personally welcoming visitors or highlighting some of the more distinguishable features of the business. It should be short also, no more than a minute or so (the extent of Visitor attention span on initial visit). Such a video could be shot without expensive equipment, even with a cell phone or personal camera. The point is to keep it brief and focused on the essential, core services or offerings .... to "personalize" the business professionally.

And, once on the Index page, the video should not be looped: it can be replayed when the page is refreshed.

Just a suggestion to make your page more professionally themed.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi, its got a bright & colourful feel to the site, but personally i would ditch the intro music as it slows down the home page for 1st time visitors.
      Would also reduce some images in kb size & rename them to something appropriate to the page. (Reduce to about 60kb)
      http://www.sjskinner.co.uk/images/P_%26_D.jpg (400K+)
      http://www.sjskinner.co.uk/images/bv01143.png (600k +)
      Would put good keywords on all pages, but remember these must also be within the pages textual content.
      Also try to let visitors know where you are & the work areas you cover. The SE will pick up on these details, so make it clear with possibly post codes & county's as the SE's will then know you are based in Kent in the UK & not another kent somewhere else in the world.

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi, ive just had a look at the site. Overall I think it is looking good, but I have a few comments probably more from the point of view of a 'potential customer' 'checking you out' than technical. 1. On the opening page I dont feel you need to tell people that you have updated the website or that its 'brand new' - a customer wouldnt be 'interested' I dont think, they would be more interested in the site as an example of the quality of work and attention to detail you approach a task with. 2. On the 'what we do' page on my screen there is a 'random' text 'what dont we do' that looks as if it wasnt meant to be there. 3. On the same page under the 'tiling' heading a quotation mark spills down to the next line. 4. On the 'extras' page the headings 'a few little extras' and 'payments made easy' (both in blue) are hard to read in the section they are against a dark blue background. 5. If I was a potential customer I think I would like to know what you and your crew of workers 'looked like' - perhaps an 'about us' page with a few pictures? 6. As a potential customer I think I would be very interested in what previous customers felt about the work you did for them. I notice under the 'extras' heading you have a guestbook, and that already has some very positive comments - and you apparently had a lot more positive comments from a previous guestbook you were unable to transfer to the new one. I would suggest making a lot more of the client feedback with an obvious link from the front page to a specific area for client feedback/testimonials.

Comment

From top to bottom, you have a very catchy logo which is very good. But you only made the header a text message. It's better if you also edit the image of your header with that text.

Comment

any ideas on improvemets, website review

>> www.sjskinner.co.uk

hi people,

ive been using bluevoda wesite builder for about 6 months now, slowly coming along with my business, any improvements or any ideas on to make the website better would be really helpfull,
            many thanks
            sam

Comment

Working...
            X