This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenCart in Fantastico?

In response to a different question Vasili suggested Opencart and I respect that and would like to follow through. However, I do not have opencart showing up in my fantastico. Should it be there? Is there an upgrade I need to do? I would much prefer to do an auto install because if I tried to install it myself I am afraid that I might make a mistake.

I have searched for help here and came up with the following post. Which if I have to I can use. But even in this post it suggests that it should be in Fantastico.

Thread: Installing OpenCart

Following up, my cPanel Fantastico only shows:
    zen cart
    os commerse
    cube cart
    Fluttering Wings Butterfly Farm

Re: OpenCart in Fantastico?

Well ... when I penned that reply it was in Fantastico!, but now I can't seem to find it either (for whatever reason).

You can still choose from CUBE or ZEN (I prefer CUBE, I think, especially with a greater choice of Free Templates), or choose to download from OpenCart (my current favorite, obviously) directly into your properly created sub-directory (folder) which is easily created in your cPanel.

VodaHost will create the database and professionally install OpenCart to the sub-directory of your choice for as little as $30 if you create a Support Ticket with this request clearly (and briefly) detailed. Just another option ....
    > Script Installation Service.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

hmmmm Could you find out if they will be putting it back in Fantastico?
      Fluttering Wings Butterfly Farm

Comment

Sorry! I do not work for cPanel, which themselves are licensed by Fantastico! to include it as a cPanel feature (which is licensed to VodaHost as a feature of hosting for their clients), so there is no telling what the reasoning is or what the plans for the future might be.

Why don't you at least inquire with VodaHost what the modest fee would be to install OpenCart for you? Not everything in life is free, but I cannot imagine them charging more than $30 if they charge you at all. How much it is worth to you to have it installed professionally and have the "warranty" from VodaHost on the back end, or compared to the cost of your time to do it yourself? I am not sure what the OpenCart suggested Commercial providers charge, but I am sure it is quite a lot more (probably in the $200 range). I myself would prefer to have VodaHost install it for me, as I think it an incredible value with assurance that frees me to spend my time wisely!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X