google indexing my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• google indexing my site

Allright, I've been trying to figure this one out since early last year, and I finally give in! I regularly search this forum for somebody with the same problem but have not found a solution. Somebody please help me! Why does Google not index my site? What am I doing wrong? Their robots crawl it every single day.

I signed up for Webmaster Tools, and have verified the site. I went over their checklist and did all the to-do's. I have a sitemap.xml as well as the kind of sitemap that people can use. I don't really have many links from the outside world to my site, but I do get some traffic from a couple of sources. Not much though.

Google's Webmaster Tools says that I don't have external links or even internal links! But all my pages are linked together.

I'm almost ready to throw in the towel.

Help!

Thanks!

Re: 10 months and google won't index my site

By the way, like I said in the title, I published ten months ago, so I've been waiting a mighty long time to get google to notice me. And during that time I have worked on the site constantly in my attempts to get noticed. Argh!

Comment

Lets look at your meta for starters...

<title>This and That Dot Info... Practical Advice That Works</title>
      <meta name="KEYWORDS" content="fitness, acne, insomnia, no poo, picky child, bloating, water retention, sleep better, 10000 steps, nocturia, sleep apnea, stretch marks, morning sickness, grazing, caffeine, ">
      <meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="Free information such as getting in shape, adult acne and sleeping better at night, water retention">
      99&#37; of this isnt on your page... so could this be SPAM?

and then your blog.. which every post says this

Forget the usual beauty advice dispensed by well-meaning idiots. Visit http://www.thisandthat.info/ to find practical, home-grown advice on a a variety of topics such as health, beauty, diet and fitness. This is advice that works.

Posted by Hungry Monkey at 10:47 PM
      Gee.. wonder if google thinks that spam too?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I'll keep in mind the spam concept. The keywords are relevant to the site, but if they're not on the index page, you are saying Google will consider it spam?

I'm not sure what you mean by, "every post says this"... There is one post. What's spammy about that?

Comment

I saw three or four posts that said that. And If its NOT on your page it cant be in your meta.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

SE robots cannot/will not see links that are javascript menus.
            I think that's what you are using?????
            That's why you see many websites that use javascript for their menu to also have a pure text link menu at the very bottom of their pages.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Re: google indexing my site

Most of my sites use a javascript menu (not all). Somewhere on the page I will also have a text link menu.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Ummm. not sure about the javascript menu. I just used the "slide menu" from the toolbar. Can you tell me more about this javacript thing?

As for seeing "three or four posts that said that" in my blog, sorry Karen but there is one post in Feb 2008 that simply says "How to for free" and a second post a few days ago saying more. That would be TWO posts, ten months apart. Hardly spam and unlikely to be the reason for not getting indexed for the last 10 months since the second post is dated Dec 20.

I would really appreciate accurate and constructive criticism here. I do appreciate your comments about meta tags, so thanks for that.

Comment

What further info do you need? SE's do not see javascript menu links. Sitemap generators also do not see javascript menu links.
                  CarbonTerry
                  Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                  Zone 5 Photo
                  My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by Lacuna View Post
                    Ummm. not sure about the javascript menu. I just used the "slide menu" from the toolbar. Can you tell me more about this javacript thing?

As for seeing "three or four posts that said that" in my blog, sorry Karen but there is one post in Feb 2008 that simply says "How to for free" and a second post a few days ago saying more. That would be TWO posts, ten months apart. Hardly spam and unlikely to be the reason for not getting indexed for the last 10 months since the second post is dated Dec 20.

I would really appreciate accurate and constructive criticism here. I do appreciate your comments about meta tags, so thanks for that.
                    Im not going to argue with you.. i got the info from google..looked like the SAME blog to me..but it doesnt matter. Fact is.. its SPAM rather you think so or not. Your meta tags are spam, and it wont matter if your menu is java scripted or not. Google doesnt even LOOK at your main page because you have TRIED to fool them into thinking you have content that you dont on that page. Your blog, while you may have added a sentence is still spam since you offered no other content EXCEPT to call people idiots who visited other sites. Inappropriate use of blogs, inappropriate use of meta tags and no inner links in your content to other pages will all penalize you.

If you dont want to listen.. thats fine.... but dont post about why google cant find you and how you hardly think so.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

It is probably your domain name which is not unique!

This and that . info are just ordinary words in our daily lives which does mean anything at all. Your domain cannot be classified in any category. You probably need the whole Oxford dictionary as you meta tags.

When somebody does a search for a particular something, he is not going to search for thisandthat.

he will type in what he is looking for like "famlytree" or latest fighter planes,
                      Lindsay Lohan etc.,

Anyway according to my antivirus news letter, ".info" is so cheap that it has become the choice of spammers, pshishing and fraudsters on the internet.
                      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

hi all

I just wanted to know that after indexing my site if I make further change in either keyword or in the page content then am I have to index my page again or it will update automatically to the Google by republishing on my host only.
                        Ankit Chaurasia
                        Maya Fan Air Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
                        www.mayafan.in

Comment

Carbonterry, is the "slide menu" that can be chosen from the Bluevoda toolbar a javascript function? I have not purposely done anything with Javascript. I checked my site with Lynx, and all the links showed up, which I presumed meant a SE would see them too.

As for the name of the website, that makes a lot of sense. I had no idea that spammers et al all use dot info. Maybe it's time to reopen under a new name.

Comment

hi

is it enough to index only index page or i have to index each and every page of site????????????
                            Ankit Chaurasia
                            Maya Fan Air Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
                            www.mayafan.in

Comment

Originally posted by ankit chaurasia View Post
                              hi

is it enough to index only index page or i have to index each and every page of site????????????

You have to paste the same tags you created in every webpage.
                              that you publish.

Do not stuff your tags or keywords that are not relevant to you products or website.
                              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                              X