This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to update the server list in BV

I am having problems with my site with BV version 12. I have BV version 11 but when I want to publish a page the IP of the new server does not appear in the list. How can I update that list without having to download BV 12?

My site is www.housesitmexico.com

Re: how to update the server list in BV

You can't, if wanting to publish using BV12.

The only other way around it is to re-load a previous copy of BV that you should have saved in a separate folder prior to downloading BV12 and using that to create and update your pages and then to upload your pages directly via FTP.

See if this link is still active, for the BV11sv2 release >> http://www.bluevoda.com/sv2.zip
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I have BV version 11 but when I use FTP the files have the extention .bvp not .php how do I go around that?

Comment

No way around that, as the pages convert during publishing. There is no reason to create pages in PHP, really (except for the Contact page, which converts fine if not using the Single Page Menu method), so it is a moot issue.

You can still use BV12 if you revert to HTML pages as well, and minimizing your use to dynamic Menus and forsaking the Single Page PHP Menu plugin method .... eliminating all the "php tricks" used in earlier versions of BV altogether will eliminate your problems: it's just a matter of "convenience" as you have admitted earlier.

Keep in mind also, that by not upgrading to the WC3 compliant HTML coding that BV12 renders, your site may not fare well at all as the Search Engines become more strict on their valuation criteria. Another reason to revert back to HTML pages from the PHP method you thought would be more important.

Comment

But I have a script in all of my pages the SEARCH (for housesitters and homeowners) that need the PHP extension, if I publish in HTML it wont work

Comment

Oh well!

Most of the Search tools I have seen all use HTML scripting, so ... find another?

Thread/Issue Closed

Comment

Working...
            X