Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bethers please...Web 2 b redone with OR

Hi Bethers,

I'm just about ready to start redesigning my website with OpenRealty. Obviously most pages will probably have new names and I know it will hurt the SEs. I'm also considering of resetting my account at VH so that I can re-publish my existing site (BV version) to a single folder and not the public_html. This way I can make my existing site still work while building the new version with OR. I want OR installed in the public_html and thus I need some cleanup.

Do you have any ideas of how I can hurt the SEs in a less painful way?
    For pages like contact_us, etc I will redirect the old ones....
    Thanks in advance.
    Bless you
    Tom

Re: Bethers please...Web 2 b redone with OR

If the pages are going to have different names, you will still want to do redirects- from the old name to the new one on OR. If they'll have the exact same name, you'll be better off - but from what you just said, most probably won't.

Your home page should stay the same and that's the most important as it's probably the one most of your traffic comes in on.

Get your keywords in place, your titles perfect, etc - as quickly as you can - but I don't see any reason you can't redirect all pages.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you Bethers. I will do so. In the mean time I have found out on the OR forum that I create a new folder on the server for OR and when all ready and done, I will move it to the main folder. So there is no need for rebuilding my current pages into a new folder.
      Once again, thank you.
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

I'm not sure that you can move OR afterwards. Because OR as OSCommerce and all similar software build both absolute and relative paths (URLs). The relative ones will work just fine if moved, the absolute one will not. Make sure by moving the standard files of OR in a yet another folder, if everything is ok, you can go on .
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks George,
          I will certainly try this experiment once I have done the installation tonight.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Working...
          X