Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you have 2 different websites for the same business?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you have 2 different websites for the same business?

Hey Guys,

I currently work as an acupuncturist and have managed to dominate a certain keyword for acupuncture in my area.

Now, what I want to do is to test a different business name. For the purpose of this question lets call it "Bus 2". I think that this business name will have more people click onto the site via its organic rankings as it has a local area name in the name.

What I wanted to know was can I have 2 different business names for the same business, competing on the same organic keywords without Google punishing me?

If I have 2 different sites should I have completely different content on each or can i get away with only a little variation?

If I cannot have 2 business names competing in Google should I re-direct one url to the other? If so, will link juice created towards one url get passed on to the url its being re-directed to?

To recap, basically i want to have 2 business names competing for the same keywords in Google, is that possible?

Thanks a lot for your help on this guys :)

Matt
    Matt Roessler
    Pain-Free Acupuncture
    www.painfreeacupuncture.com.au

Re: Can you have 2 different websites for the same business?

Does anyone have any knowledge on this?

Thanks for your time,

Matt
    Matt Roessler
    Pain-Free Acupuncture

Comment

There are 8,820,000 result for thr the word "Acupuncture".

Instead of having a 100 website, you should focus on your one single website.

Make it meaningful and add a whole lot of contents on acupuncture, its origin, its history, medical implication and cures etc., etc.,

Then you would have the bots working overtime to index your pages and
      eventually place your site in the top 10 Bilboard.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi Zuriatman,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand what you're saying about having too many websites, but that is not the reason I'm doing this.

I also understand what you mean by making my site focussed on being relevant etc. If you check the link to my site you will see that I've already done that...

I'm doing this because I believe that a certain business name will be more effective than another business name.

I want to test this by creating a new website with a different look to see how this brand grows compared to my already established name. I don't want to just change my original name and site because I could possibly be losing a lot if i did it that way.

So back to my original question...

Will Google punish me for creating another website with a different business name competing for SEO in the same keywords?

If someone could give me an answer to this that would be fantastic.

I look forward to hearing your answers guys.
        Matt Roessler
        Pain-Free Acupuncture

Comment

If it is a different site under a different domain name I would safely say Google will treat the site as a different entity!
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Ok, thanks for your answer, Zuraitman.
            Matt Roessler
            Pain-Free Acupuncture

Comment

I think no because one websites are only exclusive for one business maybe you can create one website for 2 different business so that both you business will get customers and visitors.

Comment

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
                If it is a different site under a different domain name I would safely say Google will treat the site as a different entity!
                Unfortunately, this is not the case and this answer unsatisfacory.
                This is evidenced by the very foundational methods behind monitoring and anti-plagairist tools such as CopyScape.com.

Simply having each website maintained as a separate identity with a domain name each is not enough to avoid being identified by ANY Search Engine as having true relevance and unique content to confirm the validity of the site overall.

The safest guideline to follow to not have your site(s) penalized beyond repair as being counterfeit, plagairized, cloned, or irrelevant is to never exceed more than 15% duplicative Content ... in this way, it will not appear as Black Hat SEO practices (known as Google Bowling) nor will it be ignored from being cached as valid Content for querry results.

* This Guideline is also especially important within the hrozontal development of each website .... page-to-page Content development should be at LEAST 85% unique and non-duplicated.

Specifically for your issue and question, it would be better for you to pick your "lesser favored" business name domain and simply forward it outright to your "Primary" domain business name. Forwarded domains do not receive SE valuations, nor will they be cause for any violations.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I had the same thought and tried a little experiment.I started a second site for the same business. It royally screwed up years of seo on my first site. Bad Idea. Make your first site as good as you can. Articles, history, pictures, content, content, content. It will pay off.

Try reading this, and you'll see many places such "doubling-up" methods are going to get you into trouble > 20 Bad SEO Methods To Avoid

Comment

Working...
                  X