Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam assassin

Hi all,

my site is for diet and weightloss, and hosted by Voda...

I posted a while back about being swamped by spam in Webmail - and I think I've figured out the solution. If you use Horde, then go to Control Panel, then Mail (NOT Webmail) and Enable Spam Assassin. I found that once my email address was jacked by the spam merchants, then the spam went ballistic, was starting to get 60 a day or so, and this number would probably have increased as the address is sold further.

But with SA activated, it's now almost zero! And I tested it: normal email gets thru fine.

This solution is only for a lone email address, eg. info@domain.com - NOT forms. That is addressed elsewhere in other posts :-

Well, hope this helps others - now it doesn't matter how much spam is sent to one's Inbox - you don't see it! LOL.

Cheers

Will
    A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Re: Spam assassin

You are a life saver Will, many thanks for the tip.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hey Zuriat,

tks for the post, sorry - only saw it now ;-

Glad it helped - spam is a huge pain!! I don't know what I'd do with myself if I was receiving 100's of spams a day.

Chao

will

Comment

Originally posted by planet777 View Post
        Hey Zuriat,

tks for the post, sorry - only saw it now ;-

Glad it helped - spam is a huge pain!! I don't know what I'd do with myself if I was receiving 100's of spams a day.

Chao

will

Hi Will

Just think of all the weight loss now, not having to eat that spam everyday ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hey Lady,

LOL! Yeah, that much spam could definitely give you indigestion!! lol.

You'd land up looking worse than Mr. Creosote in Monty Python's Meaning of Life :)

Chao

Will

Comment

I figured out where alot of mine are coming from. I did one of those "We'll submit your website to XXX number of search engines, just click here..." scams. The very next day - BAM!!! Spam galore. This was a new email address only 1 week old.

Comment

Working...
            X