Please look at site - disappearing from ranks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please look at site - disappearing from ranks

Hi, just wondering if someone who understands websites and google would mind looking at my site www.lilyrose dot com dot au and see if you can see what is wrong with it. I have asked before and was advised my metatags which I changed but some time later it has not improved, if anything it is actually worse. Funny thing is it is my subdomain and I want to keep this one but my main which I want to get rid off (because name does not suit products) is doing fine, so can't understand how I would do something wrong on one and not the other. Appreciate any advise, even if bad. I just want to fix it.
    Thanks heaps,

Leanne

Re: Please look at site - disappearing from ranks

Hi Leanne

Your site looks very sweet :)

First of all, I'm not sure what you mean by this site being a subdomain? Do you mean it's an add-on domain?

What is your 'main site'? If it's doing fine as you say, I wouldn't get rid of it. If it's an ecommerce site and you no longer want to keep running it - maybe you could put some related articles on it instead. Use this site to advertise your Lilyrose site.
    Or, you could do a 301 redirect from your other domain to your LilyRose site.
    All traffic helps :)

With your Lilyrose site, I do see some probs for SEO:

- I'm not sure how many people would be searching for 'handpainted personalised plates' Could be only a handful of people in Australia per month.

- Your home page title is 'Personalised Plates'. Am pretty sure you would be knocked flying in the SERPS by sites advertising personalised licence plates for cars.

- There's not a lot of text on your home page to help with SEO.

Use the google keyword tool to research your keywords. It takes a lot of testing and adjusting to work out what brings the traffic in - but it puts you ahead if you research keywords first to see how many people are searching for each term.
    (Eg. it might end up being more practical to target special occasion gifts, such as personalised christening gifts, rather than plates as your main key phrases)

Don't depend just on Google of course - use twitter, facebook and social networking to let people know you're out there.

(Your site would look lovely centred on the page :) )

Hope this helps and goodluck!

Comment

I totally agree with
      bluedays

Like bluedays pointed out, you need to have some text.

One way you can do that is:

Make the index file to be your introduction to what
      your website is about.

In the first paragraph or two, like bluedays said,
      have some selected keywords and keyphrases about
      your website main subject.

Differentiate between your plates and others. There might be thousands
      of websites with different plates than yours and they would be identified
      as such, like bluedays said, personalized license plates.

Rod Harper suggests, at a bare minimum, do the following:

1. Title on a page should describe, in a given number of words,
      the business it presents to the world.

2. All large images should have alt text.

3. Make sure all img tags have height & width attributes.

4. The terms used in the page title should be found somewhere on the page.

5. Your first paragraph is the most important. It should have your primary keyword tags for the page.

6. Make sure all keywords are on the page if they are in your keyword tag.

7. Treat each page as it is the home page. Together they make website stronger.

Like Karen has suggested on so many occasions, there are websites and blogs that help in SEO. Google it.
      Doable Personal Finance

Comment

Originally posted by bluedays View Post
        Hi Leanne

Your site looks very sweet :)

First of all, I'm not sure what you mean by this site being a subdomain? Do you mean it's an add-on domain?

What is your 'main site'? If it's doing fine as you say, I wouldn't get rid of it. If it's an ecommerce site and you no longer want to keep running it - maybe you could put some related articles on it instead. Use this site to advertise your Lilyrose site.
        Or, you could do a 301 redirect from your other domain to your LilyRose site.
        All traffic helps :)

With your Lilyrose site, I do see some probs for SEO:

- I'm not sure how many people would be searching for 'handpainted personalised plates' Could be only a handful of people in Australia per month.

- Your home page title is 'Personalised Plates'. Am pretty sure you would be knocked flying in the SERPS by sites advertising personalised licence plates for cars.

- There's not a lot of text on your home page to help with SEO.

Use the google keyword tool to research your keywords. It takes a lot of testing and adjusting to work out what brings the traffic in - but it puts you ahead if you research keywords first to see how many people are searching for each term.
        (Eg. it might end up being more practical to target special occasion gifts, such as personalised christening gifts, rather than plates as your main key phrases)

Don't depend just on Google of course - use twitter, facebook and social networking to let people know you're out there.

(Your site would look lovely centred on the page :) )

Hope this helps and goodluck!
        Hi Bluedays, thank you so much for responding ~ I am happy to say that all is working well now, for some reason I got back to where I once was, not quite sure what happened before but I am happy now and orders are coming back in :) I hope you don't mind me asking you, you mentioned about being centred, this is where I am going to sound dumb, but how do you centre it? When I look at top it shows it centred so I am guessing there is another way. When I also search from my computer it is centred however i am on one of those old computer screens which could be why. However when I look at it at on my mum's (who has the bigger screen) it is on the left, so I see what you mean. Do you mind telling me how I can amend this? Thank you for your advise, Leanne :)

Comment

Working...
        X