Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Review To Spot Google Violation??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Review To Spot Google Violation??

Hi,

A week ago my site was unfortunately hacked into and support were great as they fixed this up very quickly for me once I was notified by google. Unfortunately for me I got banned from google, but was advised once amended to put in a reconsideration request, which I did.
    Approx 3-4hrs ago I received this from google:

We received a request from a site owner to reconsider how we index the following site: http://www(.)willowscandles.com(.)au/.
    We've now reviewed your site. When we review a site, we check to see if it's in violation of our Webmaster Guidelines. If we don't find any problems, we'll reconsider our indexing of your site. If your site still doesn't appear in our search results, check our Help Center for steps you can take.

My problem now is that my site is still not indexed.
    They did state above if site still doesn't appear in our search, check ...........

I have absolutely no idea what it is, but clearly I have done something wrong in the past, and because google are now studying my site they have picked up something else that I just cannot see.

Would you mind please having a look at the above site and see if you can spot anything done incorrectly.

Thanks heaps,

Leanne

Re: Please Review To Spot Google Violation??

Hi Leanne from what Google say in their video on this subject you might be a bit premature in thinking they have found something else wrong. They do say the reconsideration request is looked at by a real person and it does not happen immediately that a banned site is re-listed as soon as the request is received. They don't say how long it takes but I would assume a few hours is not long enough. Give it a few days and if it is still not listed log in or sign up to Google Tools and use the option to view your site as Google does. If there are any problems this should show them up in the report you get.

Good luck
    Regards

Adrian
    www.repdomproperties.com

Comment

Thanks so much for your response Adrian :)
      It has has been 4 days since I received the letter and under my dashboard it still has highlighted 'This site may be in violation of Google's quality guidelines'. That has not been cleared which leads me think there is something else not right :(
      You mentioned to view site as how google does, I will be honest I am not so smart with understanding this information, only the very basics. Do you mind telling me which title this is under - I went into webmaster tools but not sure which one from there.
      I went onto HTML suggestions and all I see is:
      When Googlebot crawled your site, it found some issues with your content. These issues won't prevent your site from appearing in Google search results, but addressing them may help your site's user experience and performance.
      (Last night I did put 2 pages into the 1 so hopefully this is the one that they are referring to)...
      We didn't detect any issues with non-indexable content on your site.
      Seems to be the only thing that I can understand so far...

I did put in another reconsideration request, have tried to make couple of things a bit more tidy, eg meta tags, but other than that I really don't know....
      I also asked them if they could please inform of any violations as not my intention if there is any there. Guess I will wait and see what happens in the next one :)

Thanks again Adrian.

Comment

eh google google, had this problem with one of my websites, and to be honest bad news I don't think I ever solved it. I have submitted 2 reconsiderations in over 4 months. Never really got to the bottom of what went wrong. Lucky me it was a new site and I just built new one.
        I would suggest not to spam them with your emails asking to reconsider.

If it is money making site I would really pay some SEO guy to take a good look at your site to help you fix the problem. Usually within few hours they should be able to tell what is wrong and whats most important you will learn some things about it so it will not happen again.

Your best option is to find someone that is either building sites for google addwords income. They usually know it all.

I hope you get it solved.

Comment

Oh, not good!

It is really weird, the other day it was back on google, then off again the following day. I have sent them a reconsideration again (no.3) asking them if they could kindly tell me what the problem is and I will amend it immediately stating that I have absolutely no idea and not my intention for it to be this way, and that I was hacked and now I feel like I am being punished for it when everything was fine before the hacking. Now I have absolutely no idea, and the problem is it is my main site, not my add on. Apparently to reset everything it all goes blank and back to the beginning and someone told me really not worth the hassle of starting again. Truthfully I am really at my wits end!! It would be nice if google could point us in the right direction. I was told to sort the hack issue out and resubmit to which I did, but still no good!!
          Not really comforting to hear your story.
          I have played with meta tags and tidied things up quite considerably and actually think it is better than the original now, so I will see how things go from here.

Would support be able to assist with this??? I was hoping to work it out before annoying them.

Hoping they don't think I am spamming them now, but there is just no other way to communicate with them, no phone number or email support so makes it very difficult.

Thanks heaps

Comment

Working...
          X