Stop robot accounts and spam.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop robot accounts and spam.

If you have a phpBB forum you have probably suffered from robot accounts or if you have it set up Spam guest posts, Now good news i have been testing a Hack for the last 8 weeks, The Anti Bot Question Hack since installing this hack i have totally stopped these little vermin. not one has got though. here is a little info on the hack.

This hack is a variable configurable CAPTCHA to prevent spam bot registrations and spam bot guest postings. A question, randomly selected from a question pool, is added to the registration form and/or the post form for guests. This could be a image, math, general Question or any question you decide. This question must be answered correctly to complete the registration or post successfully. You can create your own individual questions or you can use automatically created questions. The hack is completely administrable via the ACP.

This hack is compatible with Select Default Language. Different questions can be defined for each language.

What this mean to you is no more have to spend time deleting these account or posts from your Board, leaving you free to do something more interesting like doing that bit of Diy you've been meaning to do for months.

you can see it at work at The Showcaserefresh the registertion page to see the question change.

You can get the Anti Bot Question Hack from HERE

Re: Stop robot accounts and spam.

Nice one, Alien. We have achieved the same end by adding a similar hack to our vB forum. We have gone from getting up to 25 bot registrations a day down to zero. It makes such a refreshing change. Lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
      Nice one, Alien. We have achieved the same end by adding a similar hack to our vB forum. We have gone from getting up to 25 bot registrations a day down to zero. It makes such a refreshing change. Lol
      I know what you mean, it give's my more time to play with the kids, ( Dame might take it off.)

Comment

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
        I know what you mean, it give's my more time to play with the kids, ( Dame might take it off.)
        LMBO! Now I know you don't really mean that. Much. Lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Do you have an installation for Dummies Post :)
          http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

There is no such thing as dummies around here, just inexperience
            you might want to start with installing easymod from phpBB.com. this will help you installing your mods.

Comment

I downloaded the hack. Would you mind telling me where I need to install it at on the right side of my BlueFTP? These bots are showing up more freequently on my forum and I need to put a stop to it. Thanks for any help.
              ID: 11830
              www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

Originally posted by BLK306
                I downloaded the hack. Would you mind telling me where I need to install it at on the right side of my BlueFTP? These bots are showing up more freequently on my forum and I need to put a stop to it. Thanks for any help.
                Have a look at the first and second threads Here ( Stickys ) the first is for manualy putting mods into a forum, the second post of that thread tells you what the the commands mean and how to do them.
                The second thread deals with how to install it using easymod.

Comment

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
                  Have a look at the first and second threads Here ( Stickys ) the first is for manualy putting mods into a forum, the second post of that thread tells you what the the commands mean and how to do them.
                  The second thread deals with how to install it using easymod.
                  Thanks I'll do my best to figure it out. It has pictures so that helps a lot. LOL. I do a lot better at learning stuff when I see it done.
                  ID: 11830
                  www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

You can get easymod here Easymod

Comment

i downloaded the anti bot program, thats all fine and dandy, but installing..hmmm..nothing in your forums makes sense, it's too complicated and vague for a beginner like myself...

easymod installer url doesnt open, and i've tried that one a while back and there was nothing easy about it...

would love some step by step, easy to follow instructions to install Something into the phpf forums that stamps out bots from registering...

racefan had that was to unzip and install program that got rid of the url entry in the registration process, something along those lines would help the beginner with this...

ho hum..

Comment

Originally posted by beebrothers
                        i downloaded the anti bot program, thats all fine and dandy, but installing..hmmm..nothing in your forums makes sense, it's too complicated and vague for a beginner like myself...

easymod installer url doesnt open, and i've tried that one a while back and there was nothing easy about it...

would love some step by step, easy to follow instructions to install Something into the phpf forums that stamps out bots from registering...

racefan had that was to unzip and install program that got rid of the url entry in the registration process, something along those lines would help the beginner with this...

ho hum..
                        If you can't figure these things out, you should probably consider paying someone to do them for you. No phpBB hacks are simple to install - even with easymod, you'd have to do a fair amount of hand coding if you use any custom styles.

I'd recommend that you lay out the cash for a vBulletin forum. Installing stuff like this on a vB forum is as easy as uploading a single file.
                        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Could this also work for GUESTBOOKS? I had to take mine down because of it also, and replaced it with a CONTACT ME but I don't think it's working well. I don't have the money at this time to pay someone to write me a contact form script. Thanks in advance.
                          Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
                          Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

Comment

ok, i finally tried the mod..of course it didn't work right, i got this error:

something doesn't look exactly kosher...could be worse i suppose

have no idea from what it says how to approach "debugging" it...any help would be great..thanks in advance

Comment

looks pretty darn close except the main point, i think is the verification thingy that has two blank lines on the registration page, so it must be somewhat close to being fully functioning....

Comment

Working...
                              X