Website Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Update

I've been corresponding with some of the freelancers in VodaBids regarding a new logo for my site. Some have suggested an "update" or redo of my site (which I'm not denying it could use). My question is, once they "update" using another program, whether Dreamweaver, etc. how will that impact the way that I add/edit my site since I used BV to create?

I would like to believe that when they suggested updating using such programmes as Dreamweaver this is to design some of your content which is still possible while using Bluevoda.

I use other programmes to design logos etc when necessary and still incorporate it with bluevoda. i.e. backgrounds, logos, moving images etc.The benefit of using Bluevoda is its versitality allowing other programmes to be incorporated. i.e. flash, html, javascript, java *****t etc.

So you can take their advice and perhaps update the content but still continue to use bluevoda as the main.

Good luck whatever you decide.
    Ruth

http://www.okose.com
    Professional Web design/development and Graphic Design

Comment

Website Re-design

Thanks Ruth for your comments. Another concern is that these freelancers would need access to my hosting account to upload files/images, etc. From what I've been told, it is not a good thing to allow access to strangers. What's your opinion? Do you think there are any alternatives to this?

Thanks, Patti

Originally posted by rdarko
      I would like to believe that when they suggested updating using such programmes as Dreamweaver this is to design some of your content which is still possible while using Bluevoda.

I use other programmes to design logos etc when necessary and still incorporate it with bluevoda. i.e. backgrounds, logos, moving images etc.The benefit of using Bluevoda is its versitality allowing other programmes to be incorporated. i.e. flash, html, javascript, java *****t etc.

So you can take their advice and perhaps update the content but still continue to use bluevoda as the main.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Comment

If you dont want them to take full control over your website, then I would advise only getting people to design pages/images for you and then they should either zip the pages with the images etc and email it to you or save files on floppy or CD disc and mail them to you.

If this is your project and you only want intervention over part of it, then it's not advisable to send out your details etc.

The limit of what you can do will depend on the program that the freelancer would use...so when discussing this with any of them please make sure you are aware of what they will use so that you can edit when necessary.

Good luck!
        Ruth

http://www.okose.com
        Professional Web design/development and Graphic Design

Comment

Thanks Ruthie... I'll try to relay that info to them. Most of the respondents are foreign so the language barrier is sometimes difficult to overcome.

Originally posted by rdarko
          If you dont want them to take full control over your website, then I would advise only getting people to design pages/images for you and then they should either zip the pages with the images etc and email it to you or save files on floppy or CD disc and mail them to you.

If this is your project and you only want intervention over part of it, then it's not advisable to send out your details etc.

The limit of what you can do will depend on the program that the freelancer would use...so when discussing this with any of them please make sure you are aware of what they will use so that you can edit when necessary.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X