X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong page indexed by google

Hi, Its Sam here,
    http://www.gamesconsolesonline.com
    Thats my website, But when i make a search in google for this site it comes up with a reply posted in the bluevoda host community forum
    "http 404 not found" something like that,
    this was only a reply here in this forum and i had put my url as well for the other members of that forum to have a look at my problem with the form and thats not my home page.
    so why has google indexed that as my header for my website when searched in google??
    please can you sort it out for me??
    thanks any help will be very much appriciated
    sam
    id 12237

Re: Wrong page indexed by google

That is not indexed as your site - it is coming up because you posted your site here and it found it in an internet search, just like it should. It means the search function is working. And probably means they haven't spidered your site yet, but having found you here, they will soon, if they haven't already.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth,
      But When I do A Search on yahoo it shows the right page
      its only google which isn't.Do you think i can do anything about it?

thanks
      sam

Comment

Its me Again,
        i have google adsense,analytics & webmaster tools and it says that it could'nt spider my website because it comes as not found(thats the header of my thread posted here)
        any advice?

thanks again
        sam

Comment

I put your name in the google search bar and your site comes up - the 404 you were talking about was not an error - but until they spidered your site, they were coming up with a thread on HERE (this forum) that had that title.

You still are confused by what the se's do and don't do - they will come up with anything that is on the internet using your name when you search by your name. Until they had indexed you - the only thing they had was your thread here. Now they have - and your site is included.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

hi,bethers

Thanks for that,
            you know i had mysite before with only 2 pages and just about a week ago ago i added a lot more pages including the index page
            i just eliminited the old index page for the new one.and before i did that
            i had no problems with google and even they would show my site for some of the" keyword phrases".
            do you think it got to do something with that??

thanks bethers
            sam

Comment

It takes time for a site to be indexed and can sometimes be awhile. Just be patient and it will soon start turning up in the searches. I have a resource collection I've been putting together recently and think you may possibly find some of the information within interesting and could help you answer some of your questions.
              Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
              FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Working...
              X