This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switching from XP to Windows 7 help

I have updated to a new computer, with windows 7. My previous files were stored on Windows XP. I have copied and pasted the blue voda folder over to the new computer, but now all the images are lost.....or atleast labelled differently. How can I get the images to re appear when I open my webpage templates.? Do I have to rename each and ever photo, or is there a simple way?

Re: switching from XP to Windows 7 help

I certainly have difficulity understanding exactly what should be done. In windows 7, in my documents section, i created a folder with the domain name, and a sub folder images....and pasted all the images there. Still opening my BV program, the images do not appear. Could you help me to understand where I might be going wrong?

Comment

Now ... as instructed ... re-introduce your images onto your pages and Publish.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

if someone could clearify the procedure....please. I am so excited there is a solution!

Comment

ok, I try, so far no success, I try and let you know either soon, or tomorrow the results, thankyou for you help. Please check for my reply tomorrow, it is very late here in canada, and I am falling asleep soon.

Comment

I am sorry Vasili, you will have to tell me again, what I should do?

I create a folder called 'my domain-csracingcanada', and in that folder I create 'images'. Then what do I do?

Comment

I am sorry, but I just dont understand Vasili's instructions. Could someone clear it up for me?

Taking the blue voda files from my windows XP, into my windows 7. It would be nice if I could open my BV files, with the images. I have many many pages, and re introducing them, would be a lot of work. From my understanding, Vasili said it could be done, then at the end , he tells me to reintroduce the images. Its a little confusing.

Comment

You will need to publish your pages to establish pathways to them, otherwise they will remain copies of something done somewhere else.

Publish your pages even with the "little red X's on them" and see what happens.

If the next time when you open the pages in Blue Voda (meaning you will first need to closr them, yes?) they do not re-populate with images (and still have "little red X's" on the pages), you will indeed be required to re-import/re-introduce them by sourcing them from your new sub-folder newly named "Images."

Do NOT complain about it being a task or how much effort it required: it is how things have to be done, and that's it!
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X