Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other sitebuilder than BV

Hello,

Is it possible to use the RV sitebuilder with a vodahost account?

Thanks

Rick

Re: other sitebuilder than BV

Providing there are no hosting restrictions as far as using the RV Site Builder then I will say yes. If however RV Sitebuilder is a proprietory product of another host then I will say no - You will have to check with them!

What I will say however is that if you forget about RV and checkout BlueVoda, not only is it a breeze to use, you will also get a lot of help here.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

The rv builder has no restrictions as such, it is online based.

I have used bluevoda in the past, it is very nice and gives a lot of freedom to build a site. However last year my pc crashed and when i uploaded the backup content to my new pc i noticed that BV couldnt find data such as
      images etc in the pages and put a small red cross instead of it.

That was because the path changed to those files due to reload from the backup and the new pc.

On the long run i found it difficult to maintain all files on the same place that BV can find them.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks.

Rick

Comment

I've seen that. Paths get lost. It you double click ,what was the image', you will see the file path. All you have todo is recreate the source folder and transfer your images into it. The path would then be re-established.

Alternatively you can go through your pages and reinsert them.

or do nothing and just work around them (they have been published afterall)
        Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Or, yes you can rebuild using another builder.

I do recommend that your pictures be on an external device - whether a backup or cd - and that's where they get called from. Then if your computer crashes, if you can make the same path on another computer, your pictures are still all there.

Not a bad idea for any pictures, anyway - :)
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
          X