X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recent issues regarding Form input fields

http://www.chrysalis-beauty.co.uk/feedback-form.php

I have recently come across some issues I am facing with the forms input fields. I wasn't aware of the issue until a client tried to use our feedback form. the pc I design the website on and therefore test it on seems to work ok. I have access to 2 other pc's and a laptop. I test it frequently on those pc's too. the client email us to let us know that she was not able to input any data into the fields on our form. I went on the laptop and found out the same. I thought that it could be a operating system issue as the laptop uses windows 7 but the main pc uses vista business. the customer informed me that she uses vista but via google chrome.

basically what I am asking is that is there anything I nee to do to ensure that the forms work seemlessly on all desktops,laptops, an browses?

could it be something more fundamental?

the link if you would like to see for yourself is at the to f the post.

Re: recent issues regarding Form input fields

It is likely that you have not properly configured each Form Element (textbox, etc.) by specifying the Name (and type: phone, name, email, etc.) minimum/maximum number of characters, or the type of data allowed (text, numbers, etc.). Thus, with no parameters of allowed data, nothing is acceptable.

Re-study the Tutorials (#'s 20-22) to understand the importance of manual configuration.
    This post might also offer some insight as to the ease of use and proper manual configuration ....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

[QUOTE=Vasili;377337]It is likely that you have not properly configured each Form Element (textbox, etc.) by specifying the Name (and type: phone, name, email, etc.) minimum/maximum number of characters, or the type of data allowed (text, numbers, etc.). Thus, with no parameters of allowed data, nothing is acceptable.

vasili, i am sure that this would be the easiest answer to give. i really do hope that that is the solution. however it is not. i did say that it works on some pc's but not others. i dont think it is a simple form issue.

the text box(First Name) has no contraints with a minumum characters needed. all of my fields are like this. it works on my pc that i build the site on(refer to OP). this is not a build issue. it can only be a build issue if it is somehow not presented correctly on other browsers and/or operating system.

like i have already stated(refer to OP) the client that emailed to inform me that it does not work has successfully, in the past, been able to use the form. i have changed nothing.

Comment

Contact Support so they can try to help you - remember to attach your .BVP page for them to review when you create your Ticket.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X