This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with publishing 2nd page...

I have published my "index" page - my problem is in trying to publish my second page. No matter what I put in it comes up error 550. I have searched the forum and read a number of posts concerning this issue but no matter what I try nothing seems to work.

I have a number of sites and I haven't had this problem with any of them but I am having a horrible time with this one.

One thing that I have noticed that I don't understand is when I save my pages they save as a bvp as usual, but when I look at them in CPanel they are showing up as bvp's not html's. I'm not sure why this is and this may be what is causing my problem. If it is I'm not sure what to do about it.

Anyone that can offer me some help/advice on this it would be greatly appreciated as this is about to drive me nuts...

BTW, I went to customer support with this and they were of no help. The answers they gave to the questions I presented didn't even coincide with each other so I'm hoping that someone here can be of assistance.

Thanks in advance for any help that is offered.

Re: Problem with publishing 2nd page...

1. Are you still able to publish "index" ? You can verify this by making a small change, publishing the page, and checking if the update has taken place

2. What do you mean "whatever I put in " ? You don't change any settings in the "Publish" properties, you use the same settings as for the "index" page

3. Are you, in any case, trying to publish to a different folder ? If yes, this folder should already exist or BV will not be able to publish

A link please ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

1. Are you still able to publish "index" ? You can verify this by making a small change, publishing the page, and checking if the update has taken place

2. What do you mean "whatever I put in " ? You don't change any settings in the "Publish" properties, you use the same settings as for the "index" page

3. Are you, in any case, trying to publish to a different folder ? If yes, this folder should already exist or BV will not be able to publish

A link please ?

#1 - No, as I have discovered I cannot publish an "index" pagecorrectly. The website is www.langstrummedia.com If I put in public_html/langstrummedia.com/index.html it will not publish. The only way it will publish is if I put in public_html/blank.
      LangstrumMedia is an add on domain so I'm not sure what is going on here.
      I have even tried publishing pages to my other sites and I can't even get that to work although I wasn't having any problems the other day.
      I am really confused by all this... Please help me figure this out.
      Thanks
      Harleyguy

Comment

Not by a long shot...

Comment

To publish, in the folder field there should ONLY be "public_html" for the main domain (whatever that is). For the addon domain, the folder of the addon is probably named "langstrummedia.com" or simply "langstrummedia", so when you want to publish pages of the addon domain, you should have "public_html/langstrummedia.com" in your Folder field.

Do NOT add anything like "index.html", BV knows which page it is publishing and will publish it with teh correct name.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

If I put in public_html/langstrummedia.com/index.html it will not publish. The only way it will publish is if I put in public_html/blank.
            LangstrumMedia is an add on domain.

To publish to your add-on domain

Simply type in "
            public_html/langstrummedia" and publish your page.

The add-on domain is always shown as a folder in your
            cpanel public_html

Oops! sorry George you beat me to the answer.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
            X