This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online shop

i currently have a website with blue voda. ive created a web based shop on this. the only thing is its just an extension of my actual business. i have read through some threads about creating shops. i want to create another shop with search facilities etc. i know for blue voda you need to have a good understanding of database'. do you need this with soholaunch. is it made for idiots. i need something i can get say 300 items on prety quickly as this is only a trial. i need to make it look professional without having to spend to much time learning about database programing.

any advise please!!

Re: online shop

I don't want to say (as you put it) yes it is made for idiots for fear of you thinking I am calling you one ; - ) But yes... basically if you want to put it like that it is made with the intention of being user friendly to the creator. There are ways of turning soholaunch into something quite outstanding and complex if you have the skills, but it is also very user friendly if you have little or no skills and is very straightforward to understand with a great support forum and tutorials should you get stuck along the way.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Re: online shop

please dont hesitate in putting thing in layman terms. in my opinion simple is always easier to follow rather than potentially confusing people.

i have seen the tutorials on database. i dont think that they are particuly in depth. they just kind of show what you click rather than the uses and what data to input. i already have a site up and running. it would be pretty basic by some of the knowledge on here www.chrysalis-beauty.co.uk. the reason i am wanting to create a second site is that we have quite a professional looking business and i do not want the online shop to be accociated in any way to the business we currently have.

i am looking to hopefully create something that has categories down the left of the page(special offers etc.) i would like the products to apear in the middle with on the right recommended products.

kind of your standard shop.

thanks for your help
      ill give it a go

Comment

Working...
      X