This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble Uploading a Page

I've been using BlueVoda for a while now and have never ran into this problem before. There's one page on a website that I manage that won't update: http://www.smov.net/deeper.html << That's the page, but I have deleted the page from my site altogether, trying to figure out what the problem is. However, obviously, it's still there. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've checked where I'm uploading, all other folders, correct login... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Trouble Uploading a Page

Probably your server has changed IP address and you are still publishing to the old server IP where changes will not be visible.

Please connect to your cPanel, expand the stats to the left side, and check what your server IP address is.
    If (as I believe) it is different from what you knew, download the latest BV version which has these new IP addresses included, and publish to the new IP address.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

It says "shared IP" is 208.43.222.131 which is the same it's been. It changed a while back, but I downloaded the new version at that time. And I'm pretty sure that other pages update correctly.

Comment

If you have deleted it from the server, how can it "obviously, it's still there" ?

Please publish the page, make sure you are publishing it to the correct folder, and postback so we can check.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

What I meant was that I deleted the html file through the FTP Manager, but you can still click on the link and it brings up the old outdated page. And even when i publish the new page it still shows the old page. It doesn't make sense...

Comment

No, it brings up a 404 page not found error.

Your own browser obviously displays the page because it is cacheing.

Most probably it was doing so also before you deleted it and it gave you the impression that it was not updating, whilst in fact it was.
            Navaldesign

Comment

I'll reupload it again tomorrow when I'm in the office... but I just cleared my cache, history, and everything, restarted my browser, and it still came up..?? And it's coming up on multiple computers. I'm not trying to call you a liar, but how do I know if it's working if my computers are stuck seeing the old version?

Comment

Obviously I can't tell you how to clear your computer cache and if it does or doesn't clear...

What I'm simply stating is that the page doesn't exist on your server.

To test yourself, use another browser (one that you haven't used for the specific page till now)

Or, visit your site through a proxy.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Ok so I uploaded the new one again... http://www.smov.net/deeper.html ... but it still comes up with the old one. The new one should have a picture of a lady and have a "publicity" button at the bottom. I've checked it on other browsers and get the same result. Could you tell me how to check it through a proxy? I use CyberDuck and when I open the file that's on the server, it's the new one, but when I open the actual page on the site, it's the old one... Thanks for all the help so far... I know it doesn't make much sense... but that's why I'm here...

Comment

New page is showing.
                    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thanks, but even if it was cached, I should at least be able to see it by now right? And I still can't... from any computer or browser I try... and it's just THAT PAGE... all the rest I can see updates... o.O??

Comment

Ok, please follow these steps:

Open BV , load the page, Save it as deeper1.

Publish the page (deeper1) and see if you can see it.

If yes, connect with FTP, delete the file "deeper.html" from the server, and rename "deeper1.html" to "deeper.html"

Test and post back.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Like I said above, I can see your page. The lady's name is Sarah Lynn Grubb. Is this not correct?
                          CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
                          CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
                          CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

@naval, I tried uploading it as a different name, but couldn't see it. I can't see updates to any of that website's pages now.

@tom, the page shows up but I think you're seeing the old one. does it have a picture of sarah? if so, it's the new one... and that's good!... but I still can't see it.

Comment

Please use my contactform to send me your IP address and username (NOT your password).

If it is what I think (I will confirm after I receive details) you should ask VH to check your DNS zone settings.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X