Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form data into excel

Hi,

I seted up a form which acts like a survey.
    Is there a way to get the results (by field) in Excel instead of the mail?

Thanks
    Ophir

Re: Form data into excel

Yes, set the built in form processor to store the data in a csv file, and then you can download this CSV directly from your site. Please note that the entire file (all submissions) will be downloaded each time.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks.
      Do i have to check out the box
      "Use built-in PHP..."

When i do that the succses and error URL turns off.

Also - what do you mean when you say:
      " Please note that the entire file (all submissions) will be downloaded each time."

Thanks
      Ophir

Comment

Are you using the built in form processor ? or some other processor ?
        My instructions above were based on the assumption that you were already using the built in form processor.

If you are using something else, then you should ask whoever provided that processor to you, to tell you how you can save (store) the data in a CSV file.

" Please note that the entire file (all submissions) will be downloaded each time."

This means that each form submission will be added in the CSV file. So when you download the file you will have, as content, all the data that has been submitted, not only the data of the last submission.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

OK - i see.
          I am using the built-in form processor.

Thank you very much
          Ophir

Comment

Hi,
            I did set up a form but after i fill it i only get the last 4 fields in the mail.

This is what i get in the mail:
            "
            Values submitted from web site form:
            Button1 : Submit
            Name : e
            Email : piano@icanpiano.net
            Years Of Playing : 1 - 3 years
            "

Am i missing something?

Thanks
            Ophir

Comment

The fields that you don't recieve are outside the form boundaries.

Stretch the form as required to cover all fields.
              Move EACH field a couple of pixels until you see the form border become highlighted, which will indicate that the field has become part of the form.
              Repeat for all fields.
              Rename the Submit button to have the name "Submit" instead of "Button1".
              Save, Publish, Refresh your browser before testing.
              Navaldesign

Comment

All fields are working now and I get the data to my mail.

When I tic the 'write from data to a .csv file' the success
                page fail to upload.

The csv. file stays empty.

?

Thanks
                Ophir
                When

Comment

Did you create the file ?
                  Did you provide the correct path to the file in the form properties ?
                  Navaldesign

Comment

I created the file.
                    I put it in public_html directory.
                    so the path i use is:

Is that corect?

Ophir

Comment

Since both the form and the file are in public_html, the file in the form properties should be simply "Survey1.csv" without the http://www.icanoiano.net part
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X