X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website help needed by Musical Person

www.lynnross.com

I really like my website, but,....
    I need to have my website changed so that I can add and delete info from a page (the news page) without having to deal with ftp files and transferring and all that stuff. I would like to have the kind of website where I can go onto a page and using word type functions -add and update at free will.

I also would like another site but I do not want to use the template or even the program that was used for the above site. It is not friendly (easy enough) for someone like me with limited skills and comprehension of this world. Perhaps a step by step (every single step) would help - not sure.

I like the kind of site that allows you to go to a control panel, indicate which page you would like to enter and then change what you want , save it,... and then the change is made.

I have had this kind of site before but do not know anything about which program it was. Any light that can be shed on my situation is greatly appreciated. I seek someone patient, friendly and willing to work "with" me at a fair and affordable price. Thank you.

Re: Website help needed by Musical Person

Hi Lynn

I know where you are coming from but I can't think of anything off hand. I remember using something as you describe years ago but I remember it didn't offer the same flexability that BlueVoda allows. Hopefully someone will come along and offer a suggestion.

A couple of suggestions for you for your 'news' page though.

1) I could drop an inline frame on this page. This would call up a page with your news updates on it. You can update this page yourself and you will have know worries about comprimising the rest of the site.

2) I could link your site to 'MySpace'. In the UK this seems to be a popular 'social' site for muscians. From what I can see you can customise the look and feel, update news, upload music and photos and I believe you can also sell merchandise.

Hope this is helps and you have my email address if you want to get in touch.

All the best

Darren
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thank you Darren. I appreciate the suggestions and will consider them. I want to see what will be the easiest and friendliest. As you can tell, I am not computer-oriented and it has been difficult for me to grasp.

I have a MYspace but have not done much with it.
      Thanks again.

Comment

what you really are looking for, for your first website is content management. the most popular of these are wordpress and joomla. in my opinion wordpress is easier to use as a control pannel. It also as you wanted above, uses word type functions.

maybe look into the freelancers that are listed for one who offers such a service.

Comment

Thank you very much for your insight.
          That is exactly what I need - Content Management, however I am unsure if I can find something that is compatible with my website. I will try.

Thanks again.

Comment

Jazzbird,
            You really need a CMS (content management system) which make your life easier. For example, take a look at my first website. It uses Drupal CMS which I update and post blogs every week and also allow other to post if they need. I can also post news and other links. It is easy to put together. You can also use the same site template you use currently and don't have to show big difference. The change will be seemless.

In Vodahost, you can use fantastico and install Joomla or Drupal or Wordpress CMS systems and try out..

Vijai
            Life is too short, let's make it worth a life time.

Sites hosted with Vodahost,
            www.vijaianand.com
            www.igurus.net
            www.firsttimecruising.com

Signature Rules Apply

Comment

If you are struggling with wordpress then you can look on the web for templates. there are many free templates which are surprisingly attractive and great to use. Also very easy to install and integrate.

Comment

Hello Lynn,

I looked at your website and it looks good and your voice on the sound clip page is AWESOME. I think your website could use a little jazz style look to it since your in the singing career. Websites should always mirror the person especially if it's about someone and as classy as yourself. What your wanting is really very simple and Yes Blue voda is by far the easiest to use out there. I could offer you some great help and it's cheaper then you think and very easy.

Let me know when you have time.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X