Need advice about innstalling/overwriting versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice about innstalling/overwriting versions

Can someone please tell me how I can Install/replace my old BV version with the new 11.4G version?
    I just dont get it.
    I have downloadet it, but when I open my BV, its the older version that is still opening.:-/
    www.phototales.net

Re: Need advice about innstalling/overwriting versions

Yeah this does happen. Go into add/remove programmes and remove old version of BV. This should remove short cuts as well but you may have to delete these seperately.

If you get in a cuffuddle remove all BV programme files and shortcuts, then download again.

Your files will be safe because they are saved in 'My Documents.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Just an after thought. I've read that the latest version of BV is at Beta stage and still has a few bugs so you may wish to upgrade later.
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Thank you very very much Darren) I will do that. Great)

Irene
        www.phototales.net

Comment

BlueVoda Builder Version Numbers! 11.4G

SUGGESTION FOR THOSE FOKES HAVING PROBLEMS:
          Every time a new version/upgrade is released, the first thing I do is download and install the Builder in a new Program Folder. I can then check to see that all my pages react the same way for all my test browsers with the new version/upgrade. (I only keep two (2) versions after all is checked. The size of the additional install is only 8/9MB.)

CONFUSION:
          But now I am confused about version's 11.4G and 11.01.0.

When the Builder is running, I check the about page of each version, and its lists both as version 11.

When I go to the program folders for each for each of the versions I have installed, and check the BlueVoda.exe file property details, they both list the File Version: 11.01.0 and Product Version: 11.01.0, the only thing that changes is the Date modified.

REMADEDE FOR BLUEVODA BUILDER PROGRAMERS:
          Have BlueVoda Builder Software Programmers update the builder software files, (.exe, .sf6, .dat, .ini, .dll); to reflect the correct version, especially the help menu about page, i.e. 11.4G and date it was published.

MY SOLUTION FOR NOW:
          So how can I tell which is the Latest Version? "I keep the setup.exe file for each version, when I execute the file the first page of the install has the version at the top of the page", this is the way I can tell!

Maury
          info@am-cit.com

Comment

I have noticed that if you don't unistall the previosu version, you will get bugs that wouldnt exist had the older version been uninstalled first. They seriously need an option for us to rotate banners and pics. I sure hope 11.4g has it.
            http://site-wars.com The Ultimate site for Gamers!

Comment

Working...
            X