Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is more than one php at a time possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is more than one php at a time possible?

Is it possible to have more than one php on Mysql at once? I added SMF. It was a grueling few days and I ended up with a very nice site with an attached forum.
    www.mom-me-dearest.com

I was so proud of myself. Members began coming on immediately. 21 in 2 days.

Then a very helpful niece (not!) uploaded and then removed a package that has me getting Fatal Error messages that won't allow guests to register. I changed the permission to allow them access until I can get it straight.

It's really bad as I am running contests, like Most Referrals that need the registration. I am Trying to get help from SMF but it is slow and I am thinking I might need to cut my losses (Mostly time and sweat) and start over fresh while the membership is small. It was definitely human error.
    The installation and set was relatively easy actually.

Can I install SMF again and re-do the forum while the other is still up and then delete the corrupted one?

Re: Is more than one php at a time possible?

VodaHost features unlimited databases with each account, but each "script"/utility must be installed separately in individual directories.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

So if this php is in public_html I need to put it somewhere else? I'm sorry, I'm not clear. Is there a tutorial or article I might find?

Comment

Originally posted by Nica423 View Post
        So if this php is in public_html I need to put it somewhere else? I'm sorry, I'm not clear. Is there a tutorial or article I might find?
        Would it be best to complete uninstall as I don't have much experience?

Comment

Depending on what was uploaded, i am taking it it was a Mod you have a couple off options.
          1/ back track the install this has to be done manualy, removing the added files and redoning any file changes.
          2/ install a new SMF manualy use the old forums database when you install once it is running ok. then rename the old forum folder, and then rename your new forum to the old name.
          you will have to install any skins. any mods you installed before the bad one will need to be done manualy.
          Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

on double checking your forum i see it's a registration problem,
            was this a modification if so which one, if so these can be fixed by doing step one. just shout if you need any help.
            Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Alien Dude View Post
              on double checking your forum i see it's a registration problem,
              was this a modification if so which one, if so these can be fixed by doing step one. just shout if you need any help.

Thanks so much. I installed a new smf. I am back up and running now. I re-registered the 21 members that joined.

I am chalking this one up to valuable experience.Think I'll leave the other up for awhile to use as an experimental learning lab.

Must use greater care with adding and removing mods. They will jack you up!

Comment

Working...
              X