Moving Website Pages To Transferred Domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Website Pages To Transferred Domain

Our hosting acct was set up for www.yes-one.com Since it was hosted at another hosting acct and our intent was to design a completely new website, we used the temp url provided by Vodahost and created an add on domain www.yes-one.org This is where the new website was created and tested. My question is how do I transfer the new website pages from www.yes-one.org to www.yes-one.com ? Do I have to republish all the pages to the public_html folder at www.yes-one.com that contains our index page? Thanks for your assistance.

Monty
    yes-one.com
    Acct #10992

Re: Moving Website Pages To Transferred Domain

Sunset56. It appears you have it figured out, as both domains appear to be exactly the same. Let us know if this is not correct.
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi Dream Lady,

I published the index.html page for yes-one.org in the public_html folder for www.yes-one.com and www.yes-one.org which is the add on domain and where all the new website pages were published. Since yes-one.com is the hosting domain I am assuming I need to move all the pages over to the public_html folder. It is also going ot require me to change urls on my navigation menus for all the pages. Could I possibly change my hosting domain to www.yes-one.org ? And then just park www.yes-one.com on www.yes-one.org?

I hope I am clear,

Monty

Originally posted by Dream Lady
      Sunset56. It appears you have it figured out, as both domains appear to be exactly the same. Let us know if this is not correct.

Comment

Why not just take one of them and redirect it to the other? That way, no matter which they put in the browser, they'll always come to the same site.

I will say that I wouldn't look for you at a .org - as that is really supposed to be used by public orgs, charities, etc.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Monty: I'm pretty sure Vodahost will do this for you. You will have to submit a support ticket and have them take care of it. Explain your issues in your support ticket to them.

I'm going to be changing my hosting domain as well to something else and I was told on another thread to submit a support ticket. Haven't done it yet, but I will probably submit mine this next week.

Beth also has a point in that redirecting would be a good option to!

Good luck to you!
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

If I change my hosting domain to yes-one.org that would eliminate any extensive changes being made to the new webpages. Would I then just park www.yes-one.com on the new hosting domain www.yes-one.org which would do what you are suggesting Bethers? Or should I publish under both domain names?

Thanks,

Monty
            Originally posted by Bethers
            Why not just take one of them and redirect it to the other? That way, no matter which they put in the browser, they'll always come to the same site.

I will say that I wouldn't look for you at a .org - as that is really supposed to be used by public orgs, charities, etc.

Comment

Working...
            X