Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost files in BV but still on web

Hi

can anyone please help I had a virus last year, moved house we never backed up files or external hard drive due to virus issue and brought new pc. Now I have a website running with old pages and new pages but I have no way to pull any pages or delete them from the FTTP as they are not showing there ! Would BV by any chance have any way of getting into these for me, so that I can possibly reinstate them and remove what I need to? I do hope that this makes sense :( I am currently having sales coming through for items that are finished or increased in price and its getting all too much! Any help would be sooo appreciated as this is 3 years hard slog and almost a completely re worked website last year and still in need for more more work as half the products people cannot buy as its not set up, but it just floats around out there and I have no control over it !!

Muchly thanks in advance
    Karen
    urbancouturepaperweddingstuff.com
    thelittlefavourboxcompany.com

Ps I hope I have posted this on the right thread ?

Re: Lost files in BV but still on web

Hi aren My advise is make a support ticket

Comment

Hi

I did do about 3 hours ago :( just now getting impatient as it soo
      needs to dealt with !

Thanks for the suggestion though :)
      Karen

Comment

In the mean time search the cpanel see if there is a delte button

Comment

Hi

I am in Blue ftp having a mooch around trying to see whats what and
          the avast here is screaming at me file after file telling me I have Trojans :(
          here we go again ! so now to sort this one out will I need to completely delete all these files with virus? Maybe I should start building new sites ! lol I guess just sending the virus to the chest is not working as when I open up the file again the siren goes off at me, so figure virus still there?

Thanks again :)

Comment

I always get trojans this computer that's the only type seem to ever get their bad lock them up in the virus vault and that should hold them the files should be fine. I don't know.

Comment

Hi

Not too hot on all this stuff :( I clicked to send them to chest in Avast
              is that the same thing ? Der ! sorry bit of a thicko here with this world still
              in training here ! lol I guess it kinda means the same sounds pretty similar
              hey !

Cheers ever so for your guidance
              :)
              Karen

Comment

Is there anyway your virus protection can take it out or is it too strong a virus.

here's some advise do daily or weekly scan's that's what I do to stay virus free

Comment

? Not too sure to be honest ! I have just run a virus cleaner and nothing was on there and now I am in the middle of a full scan and again nothing her so far ? It does give me the options to export virus files ? Oh no I dare not as I do not know what I am doing basically :( and also delete
                  which would be best would you say? I cannot get into anything right now
                  to look at what all the options are as still scanning at 65 %.
                  I do scan daily and it also has on access scanner running all the while online but still they get me :( ? I have tried running with Norton,Mcfee you name it they still get into my system somehow? these are called
                  html IFRAME -EX (trj) if that means anything to you?

Thanks again really appreciate your help
                  :)

Comment

Hi

I have just looked at some of the files again that are infected and at their source's and they seem to have allot of numbers and % in there? I had noticed before on some fotos in my docs that they had allot of numbers and thought this quite odd. Scan complete found nothing :( I have also just found this forum with avast and it does not look to good but its still all jibberish to me ! I had my bank a/c emptied twice last year via paypal
                    and I think this could be the reason why, as they changed all out passwords etc and we just sat watching goggle deliver receipts for money
                    going out! Do I need to panic or what ??

Thanks again

Comment

Any way I can help karen means alot me k and just keep scaning it's 9:47pm over here and me and my compute are tired goodnight I would be glad to help further tommrow okay

goodnight in ps hope the virus get's a whipped on the butt

Comment

Listen kAREN HANG In THEIR TILL TOMMOROW keep posting someone else will be glad to help intill I get back tommorow morning k

Comment

wish it was here its almost 3am :( cool no worries :) thanks again and fingers crossed I can sort this out soner than later Hey !
                          Cheers again

Comment

If you cant find the files in blue ftp goto you cPanel File Manager and see whether they are there.

You can also delete from File Manager.

If you cant see them in public_html or the folders or directories you published them to?

Then what you are looking at are pages in your browser cache

You cannot rely on Free AVG antivirus to protect your PC.

Buy an Internet Security Pro AntiVirus.
                            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Avg does the job lol for me

Comment

Working...
                              X