Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After years of delays ... LOL ... here it is! Pse review my small-business website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After years of delays ... LOL ... here it is! Pse review my small-business website

Hey all,

Wowee. After literally years of delays and frustrations (which I won't bore you with) my small business website is UP! And running. Built it with BV, which is the coolest site-building software!! Amazing.

So pse review. www.entrepreneurshipz.com.

Took me over 2 years to write the book alone. But well worth it. And if it can help the hundreds of millions (we wish!) of small-business owners out there, I will be happy.

The Google Translation app: do I need to code this into every page. I thought putting it on the home page would 'do' the whole site?

Open to suggestions as to marketing. For eg, placing FB and Twitter icons on the left under the navigation buttons.

Open to any suggestions, actually. LOL.

Thanks in advance,

Will
    A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Re: After years of delays ... LOL ... here it is! Pse review my small-business websit

Yep looks pretty good, just needs a little tweaking thats all.

1) Your page width is currently too wide at 1203px. I think 994px is pretty safe these days.
    2) Check that your template is in the exact place on each page so it flows nice.
    3) Create a Footer. You know the sort of thing Copyright, your page links and so on
    4) you may wish to centre your pages (in page properties) so they always land in the middle of someones web browser, especially if they have wide monitors.
    5) Your header shape the blue and grey at the top. There is a little trick that can be used so it runs right accross the page (using a background image). I'll do a little demo for you so you can use it.

I hope this helps
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Re: After years of delays ... LOL ... here it is! Pse review my small-business websit

5) Here's a demo you can use

Oh yeah...and where can I get one of those horses?
      Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Darren!

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. A few questions:

1) my page width in BV is 1000. That's the one in Page Properties => General, right? Dunno about the 1203?
        2) Not sure what you mean about the template being in the same place on each page. I created clones of the index page and used that so wouldn't it clone exactly. Actually forgot to mention that I had a perfect template the first time round (ie went all the way across) but when I had to redo the pages due to a glitch, couldn't get the template to flush right.
        3) Footer? Not in my PDF? Not sure what you mean...
        4) Centreing pages - my monitor is wide (42cm I think) and it looks better flush left?
        5) Tks for the tip re running right across the page. Dunno if I can do it at this stage as I've done and redone the 15 or so pages ... sheesh. Exhausted, really. LOL. But will check it out for possible future use :)

The horse: there is a special factory in New Mexico that stretches them. Go to longhorse.com. Ha ha! Only kidding.

Tks, Will

Comment

No worries

1) Your BV page width maybe 1000 but that image across the top is wider...lol
          2) Yeah sorry your pages are fine. I thought the index had shifted on your builder. I've just realised its the Google Language tool causing it.
          3) Who mentioned pdf?? Check any website, scroll to the bottom and see how they finish the page. We call it a footer.
          4) Yeah I think it looks better on the left which is why I gave you that little demo of how to repeat your header.

Shame about the horse. Seemed like a cheaper alternative to the family car.

Good luck and I hope you get the success you've been working so hard for.
          Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Tks Darren!

Best, Will

Comment

great site one question, where did you get that great translator tool for i would like to add this to my site. many thanks
              Debby

Comment

Hey Debs,

try http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=Foj2R&m=1eyPTkfcHpSOh1&b=gYzlq1j.i3uv3LmtpjQzaQ

U might have to play around with the HTML box to get it to look right (I mean aesthetically) on the page but otherwise fine.

Trust this helps,

Will

Comment

You need to spell check, saw a few mistakes

Comment

Hey Beard, tks for feedback - where?

Comment

Working...
                    X