code: Disable Right Click

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• code: Disable Right Click

Codes and tips for disabling right mouse button clicks have been many on this forum. This little review is to let you know just how useless such codes are.

The right click function on your mouse displays features that are available in the top menu on all browsers. I am sure you have by now already worked it out.

The right click can be disabled but all of those options are still freely available in the top menu.

In the case of protecting your pictures. They cannot be saved from the top menu but the 'View Source' or 'View Page Source' option can be selected.

By viewing the source code of your page users can find out the web address where picture is located, type that address into their browser and yup.. you guessed it... the picture will appear in a new browser window which does not include the disable right click code thereby allowing the person to right click and save the pic.

Throw your disable right click code in the bin, it really is just adding to the file size of your pages.

FPRULES

Re: code: Disable Right Click

while i would agree with you rob, i think there are many people out here that do not know that, so you are stopping a few ... kind of like cops and robbers game ... you catch some and some you never do ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

i steal they stael we all steal it was created for free it was made by the people it is being no has been taken over by g**gle lol and well i frankly think all things net should be free you put it up expect to get it taken down
      oh and maxthon has a smal right click enable button on top right corner
      the moral is they can make the software to protect then they obviusly can make the software to take so if there is anything you want from my sites feel free to take
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Originally posted by FPRob
        Codes and tips for disabling right mouse button clicks have been many on this forum. This little review is to let you know just how useless such codes are.

The right click function on your mouse displays features that are available in the top menu on all browsers. I am sure you have by now already worked it out.

The right click can be disabled but all of those options are still freely available in the top menu.

In the case of protecting your pictures. They cannot be saved from the top menu but the 'View Source' or 'View Page Source' option can be selected.

By viewing the source code of your page users can find out the web address where picture is located, type that address into their browser and yup.. you guessed it... the picture will appear in a new browser window which does not include the disable right click code thereby allowing the person to right click and save the pic.

Throw your disable right click code in the bin, it really is just adding to the file size of your pages.
        Oh, my gosh Rob you are smart....I tried what you said and the whole code was there....however as Ladyeye says most people don't know this or do they?

I have no right click on a couple of pages ie: customer pics, customers email pictures to me....so I want to be able to protect those pics for the people.....also in my chronicles in which all the chronicle, folk costumes and uniforms are books that I have....alot of work to scan and edit these pictures....I know you can get the whole page with FP, but again I thought the majority of people wouldn't know this.....so I went with the right click on some of those pages....I know I happen to be one of the biggest pirates of all...hee hee.

So my question to you Rob, is this no right click some of my active x problem?

Comment

The best right-click deny scripts come from Whatdaflip and Nyomen, but I like Alien's personally....it has a pop-up message that thwarts most people from going further.

Whether or not you use this tactic, you should know all the ins-and-outs of Copyright, Trademark, and other principles that are also involved with regard to proper website planning and design. This is in itself more "protection" and surety that most seek.

And, in the long run, you can always proclaim your preeminence by delivering a cease and desist letter if you can definitively prove rights....but, you have to know how to surf and scour (again, part of protecting your interests > file titling and stamping)....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
            The best right-click deny scripts come from Whatdaflip and Nyomen, but I like Alien's personally....it has a pop-up message that thwarts most people from going further.

Whether or not you use this tactic, you should know all the ins-and-outs of Copyright, Trademark, and other principles that are also involved with regard to proper website planning and design. This is in itself more "protection" and surety that most seek.

And, in the long run, you can always proclaim your preeminence by delivering a cease and desist letter if you can definitively prove rights....but, you have to know how to surf and scour (again, part of protecting your interests > file titling and stamping)....
            All good, thanks Kiddo.

Comment

Originally posted by C L
              So my question to you Rob, is this no right click some of my active x problem?
              Hi CL, 'No Right Click' has nothing to do with ActiveX and it is true that some people do not know the details that I mentioned in the original post but a lot of people do know. the other thing is that 'No Right Click' scripts are normally JavaScript. JavaScript can be disabled in the browser options making the script completely useless, right clicks will work fine.

The bottom line is that if somebody wants the pic then they will get it, it only take a couple of minutes to work out how if the person has half an ounce of intelligence.

CL.... Vasili has ignored the topic and gone into all kinds of technical garbage so dont worry about that. Copyrights are nothing to do with 'No Right clicks' and his long words mean nothing in this thread :)

FPRULES

Comment

lol..I have that code. It took me forever to get find it. Then I was sooo proud...then I found that on IE all you do is hold the cursor over the photo and poof..youve got my pic!...
                Your so right its basically useless...
                but then like what the lady said ... some are discouraged. But not the determined ones....
                I was once told if I dont want someone to steal anything from me dont post it on the net...lol

Comment

Disable right click will work only in one case.. you can add a script that greys out the 'source' option in the View menu.. both together will protect you.. anything else and you're wasting your time..

Comment

Originally posted by FPRob
                    CL.... Vasili has ignored the topic and gone into all kinds of technical garbage so dont worry about that. Copyrights are nothing to do with 'No Right clicks' and his long words mean nothing in this thread :)
                    Quite the contrary.
                    I mentioned which codes (which anyone can find using advanced Search, entering the specific names I mentioned) which even boasted features that made them different from each other.

And, judging by the many threads and discussions in the last 3 months alone, when a "right-click disable" script is being sought, most of the regard concerned copyright or protecting images. My comments were not "technical" but only served to highlight the different aspects of intent, so if my peers went further, they would have a better understanding.

Comment

You guys, make me so dizzy.....hee hee

Comment

Quite the contrary.
                        I mentioned which codes (which anyone can find using advanced Search, entering the specific names I mentioned) which even boasted features that made them different from each other.

And, judging by the many threads and discussions in the last 3 months alone, when a "right-click disable" script is being sought, most of the regard concerned copyright or protecting images. My comments were not "technical" but only served to highlight the different aspects of intent, so if my peers went further, they would have a better understanding.
                        Yeeeah it's true but honestly.... what on earth has any of that got to do with the the fact that 'disable right click codes' are just entirely useless (the subject of this thread)?

FPRULES

Comment

I agree with you, Rob....really!
                          I agree with your original post, and your conclusions, and even your motivation to post.

I only wished to point out some differences of why some felt the need, and buttressed your point that there was no need....if the differences between copyright and trademark/registration were fully understood.....and I am sure it still confounds many!
                          (The jabs and innuendo were unecessary, I felt)

CL: It does seem unfortunate that things get a little pointed at times, but hopefully you are able to take things with a grain of salt, and can see things for what they are....

Comment

awww Vasili come on.. you know me by now... it might seem pointed and jagged and nasty but for me its just straight forward and honest thoughts. i dont sugar coat anything for anybody. Don't take it personally, 50% of this forum hate me already and I know that you and I have a history but I thought at least there was a little understanding going on. Call me controversial, call me argumentative call me a bully call me what you like, I'm just being me and saying whats on my mind as always (which probably comes across different in person than it does in a written message).

FPRULES

Comment

I agree with you, Rob....really!
                              I agree with your original post, and your conclusions, and even your motivation to post.

I only wished to point out some differences of why some felt the need, and buttressed your point that there was no need....if the differences between copyright and trademark/registration were fully understood.....and I am sure it still confounds many!
                              (The jabs and innuendo were unecessary, I felt)

CL: It does seem unfortunate that things get a little pointed at times, but hopefully you are able to take things with a grain of salt, and can see things for what they are....
                              Grain of salt, hmmmmmmm ok, thanks, Kiddo....

Comment

Working...
                              X