transparent buttons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transparent buttons?

Hi, I'm creating a design for the background of my website and I want my navigation buttons to overlap the background. My problem is that when I create an image in photoshop with the text that I want for the button, it creates a colored rectangle background behind the text and it looks stupid when i move it over my background. I either need text with a transparent background (that would be awesome) or I need some way to copy a piece of the background design into my button background and then place the button exactly where it fits into the design (that sounds like no fun). The reason I'm trying to use graphics for my buttons is because I can't get rid of the underlining of my text links (if you know how to do that please let me know :) Thank you all very much!

Re: transparent buttons?

Save your image as a GIF (make sure you have a checkmark in the "tranparency" box and it should maintain the transparent background of your image.

Comment

Thanks a ton!

Comment

Edit your link styles to remove the underline.
        Attached Files
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Hi... I take a BV shape... make transparent ...no border... place on top...
          over the text... use the tansparent shape as the button... Doug

Comment

Yeah if you use it as a GIF the quality of the picture gets distorted. The best way to use transparency and to use quality is to design your own custom text that stands out and use the transparent shape in BV as the background. Also if you adjust the canvas size in photoshop it will get rid of most of the rectangular shape around the image. If you save it as a jpeg and then space it out a little in between with a white backround you will never know the difference.

Hope this was some help to you, and show us that site when you get it done.

Sincerely,

LordLogo
            Cheers,

Logos, Web Design, and much more CLICK HERE

Design, and Christian forum please CLICK HERE

Comment

Hi,
              Have a look at buttongadget.com,if you like what you see it is not expensive. I wouldn't be without it.
              http://www.jamesbartondesign.com

Comment

There isnt a website listed at buttungadget.com or whatever. Also I would recommend creating your own in photoshop it is free to do and I think is more effective. The other only downfall to buying buttons online is what happens if you dont like them down the road? Then you end up buying more or something. Just my opinion but good luck with everything and thanks for the site.
                Cheers,

Comment

Hi lordlogo,
                  There is a site at buttongadget.com: spell it right and you'll find it. If you have photoshop then absolutely fine of course you can create your own buttons very easily. But it is far from free to those that don't have Photoshop. Buttongadget is a button creator of great flexibility (for instance you can "lift" anything from anywhere on your screen to create a button (and that includes anything from any site you are browsing). How you can say that doing it your way is better than another way that you know nothing about is mere predjudice. I do not have any connection with the company whatsoever other then I bought the program for about the cost of a round of drinks in the pub.

Comment

Proactivator,

I apologize, as I did not mean to offend anyone. I copied and pasted your link, but maybe something is wrong with my server. Also I was not meaning to say my way was better I was just giving an opinion so that people can create there own. Also I like the way you worded that "cost of a round of drinks in the pub." ha ha Oh and if you would like some buttons made you can hit my link up on Friday when my site will be running and get free buttons made. Alright ttyl man sorry again if I offended you.
                    Cheers,

Comment

Hi lordlogo,
                      Peace! No offence taken.

Comment

The reason I'm trying to use graphics for my buttons is because I can't get rid of the underlining of my text links (if you know how to do that please let me know :) Thank you all very much!

Hi backslash,

As carbonterry have said you can edit the link style to remove the underlining or change font color, bold & italic on mouseover. However, in bvp you will still see the underlining. Under preview or published you won't see the underlining.

Cheers!
                        (: Read Only The Good Stuff And Your Day Will Be Blessed :)

Comment

Working...
                        X