Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addon domain apache error

Hi

I recently published my first main site (www.spinbowlingtips.com) without any trouble.

I then bought an addon domain (www.toothpickengineer.com) from vodahost. I updated the DNS servers to ns1.voda36.com and ns2.voda36.com as instructed.

Then I added my new domain as an addon domain in cPanel and published to the following folder public_html/toothpickengineer.com

However, when I go to my site I get the following message:

Great Success !
    Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

I do not know what I did wrong. Can anyone please help?

Thanks
    Menno
    (ID: 35136)

Re: Addon domain apache error

Try parking the domain instead of add on

Comment

I am new to website design and not sure I understand. Apologies for that.

I do not want to park my website. I actually want to use it. Nowhere in any tutorial have I seen you must park an addon domain to use it.

Comment

Hi Menno,

Who and where did you receive instructions to do what you said.

Just goto cPanel and select Add-On Domain and follow the instructions.

The process has been automated
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I received an email with my new (addon) domain I purchased. It instructed me to do so. This is what it says:

Please read the below very Carefully!
          If the above domain name was purchased as part of an all inclusive web hosting package. PLEASE IGNORE THE BELOW configuration instructions. Your domain name has been auto configured and is fully functional on our servers.
          If the above domain name was purchased as a "Stand Alone" item without being attached to any web hosting package, you must configure it so it will work on our servers. Please follow the below configuration instructions.
          [1] Point your browser to VBS: https://vodahost.com/vbs
          [2] Login using the username and password below.
          [3] Under "My Sites" you will see "My Domains" listed.
          [4] The next screen will present you with your Domain Name which should be click-able. Clicking on the Domain Name will take you to the next screen that enables you to update the contact information and name server "DNS" information. If you have a VodaHost web hosting account, please consult your original welcome letter to find out what your name servers are. Alternatively please submit a support ticket and we will be happy to tell you what your name servers are.
          [5] The final step after you have updated your name servers is to add your new Domain Name to your VodaHost control panel (cPanel) as an add-on domain. Click Here to learn how to do this.

Comment

You already have a hosting account under your MainDomain [which is your public_html/].

When you addon a newdomain a folder will be automatically created in you public-html as toothpickengineer.

Publish you index page for the newdomain as follows:

public_html.tothpickengineer

I do not think you need to do all the rest as stated above.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

The issue resolved itself. It seems I was a bit impatient and it just needed to propogate through the net.

Thank you for the help, although it seems what I did is indeed necessary.

Comment

Working...
              X