Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is BVP sourcefile now uploaded to public_html folder on server?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is BVP sourcefile now uploaded to public_html folder on server?

I noticed something new when I upgraded BV: it now uploads a copy of your page source file (.BVP) to the public_html folder.

Aside from the obvious of having an automatic backup copy of your source file in the server folder, is there any other reason/benefit to having the BVP file there???

I'm thinking you could run bluevoda from any PC and edit your web pages if necessary on the road, away from home etc...

Any other reason/benefit?

Adrian
    Adrian
    A-B Technology Group

Re: Why is BVP sourcefile now uploaded to public_html folder on server?

The main reason is backup: SO MANY users complain that they lost their pages due to computer crash....
    However, you can disable the server backup, if you don't want it, through Tools ->Options -> Folders and uncheck the "Make a backup of the project on the server" checkbox.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Why is BVP sourcefile now uploaded to public_html folder on server?

Thanks,

Adrian
      Adrian
      A-B Technology Group

Comment

Working...
      X