Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first website attempt- advice critique and support welcome

Hi

I have recently launced my webiste www.drbuskin.com. I have numerous problems like not filling various screen resolutions, centering, page titles and kew words, slow opening menu bars and pics. Also longwinded changes to each page and link when modifications made and not being found on google.

It is a multilingual website English and Dutch with 2 identical versions of the same - 2 homepages leading into each languages website and linked by a Dutch or English homepage menu bar.

Support and advice welcome!

Stephen Buskin

Re: My first website attempt- advice critique and support welcome

Hey Stephen

Site looks good, have you considered adding any colours other than green. Either way it looks good and is easily Navigated. Looks like you've gone to a lot of work. Well done.
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Very nice,
      -consider reducing width, some of your pages are at 1024 others appear to be wider.
      -the drawings are great, ask yourself what will bring the mothers to you, might need testimonials - out them under your bio page under construction now.

Good luck Dr.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

You are building in a static builder - which means your pages will not change size for the various resolutions. Whatever size you make the page - it will be - and people will have to scroll if their resolution is less (for example people with 800 width resolution will have to scroll) and if their resolution (like me) is more, they'll have space (in this case on the right) - you can center the page and then the space will be divided evenly on both sides.

If you want all people to see the site without sideways scroll, you need to stay within the 800 resolution.

For a suggestion on page titles - I'm looking in English -
        how about your home page title being:
        Homeopathic Clinic for Children
        and should be the same in Dutch - the page names can be identical in the different languages.

I suggest you use pix resizer and get you picture resolution down so that they load faster.

You have a nice site. Good luck.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Stephen,

Being a first time mother to a gorgeous little boy approaching his first birthday your site is of immediate interest to me. I believe in a holistic and natural approach to health and your site is fab. I love the images you have used and if you were in the uk I'd be coming to see you if my little one had anything that needed sorting. I like the green as to me it says 'nature'. Your site is clean, fresh and appealing. It's great, well done you and good luck with it all Doc. Let me know when you get your first uk headquarters sorted!
          Sam (Samantha not Samuel)

www.spirited-events.com

Purveyors of divine experiences!

Comment

Nice site, I agree with all the above. Maybe the text could be made smaller, paediatrician is mispelled, links work. Good Job!
            www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Good looking site. I especially like the way you did your menu buttons
              Albin

http://www.harvestbounty.com/

Comment

Hi

Thanks all for the feedback - it did my self confidence in my site some good.
                Scubadiver - in the rest of the world and in the UK pediatrician is spelled paediatrician - but thanks for checking- I chose do go with the European spelling.

Samantha - thanks for the feedback - the combination of conventional and natural medicine is definately the best for children - I have done some consults over the webcam with patients in South Africa - that is the future. My son is Samuel, but we call him Sam.

Bethers - I have looked at you website "'Achildsplace"' it fits resolutions of 1024 and 1280 - and only on 800 do I need to scroll horizontally.

How did you do this as it would be the best compromise for my site.

Looking forward

Stephen

Comment

Hi Stephen-

I made that site with a size of right about 1000 - so it still has just a little border on the 1024 - but not much. I also made a column in the area from 800-1000 - so people viewing on 800 will not miss the navigation or main body of my site. I did the same thing with Pinata Palace, aslo

If you set you page width to 1000 and click to center it - you'll be in the approximate same dimensions those sites are.

I've been very carefully watching my stats and I get a very small percentage of people with 800 resolutions anymore - and those who do have it are ordering at the same percentage as those without - so this is working for me.

Good luck and I hope I answered your questions - if not, ask again.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Bethers

Thanks soooooooooo much I have seen the light! I see you used backgrounds to fill in so you create the effect that you site fits all resolutions. This won't work for me as I need the white backround to contrast with my green and my logo. I am presently using 1280 res and your sites look great.

Will take you up on the offer for more advice in the mean time it is back to rebuilding the rest of my site.

Stephen

Comment

Stephen,

Use a background color - maybe one of your greens - or to compliment your green - then use a shape with a white background for the center of your pages - so you will still have the white background for your text. Or look at my pinata site - the center is white, the outside is white, but the rest of the page is bordered (using a shape) with the blue for contrast. There are lots of ways to use shapes to define your pages.
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Sbuskin

It is great site you are having there. It is easily navigated though the photo is slightly big I think. Anyway keep up the good work.

Thank you

abang_uda

Comment

Working...
                        X