Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install a Win Zip Self-Extractor

Hi Everybody,

How do you install a "winzip self extractor" software in public_html/.?

It takes a long time to upload a large number of files via ftp. If the folder
    containing the files is zipped and the zipped file is then uploaded to a folder
    in public_html and then unzipped using the winzip self-extractor, it could save
    a lot of time.

Thanks for any feedback.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Re: How to install a Win Zip Self-Extractor

Not sure if i am right? But cpanel should have this facility & maybe for some security reason, its turned off.
    If its images you are zipping? it wont make much difference on the KB's.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: How to install a Win Zip Self-Extractor

Hi Chris,

My family tree is a software generated html folders and files. Every time I update any information to my family tree I need to regenerate the html folders as the individual files and family files are interlinked by the program.

I currently have 4802 individual files plus 1310 family files which are linked together. Every few months I have to update new info and new family members.

If I do not regenerate the html folders as a whole entity the family tree will not work properly.

Here is a link to the family tree to give you a better understanding.

If I can save everything in a zipped folder and upload the zip folder via ftp,
      it will only take a few seconds otherwise it will take a very long time to upload everything.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
      X