This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad Banner Rotator

Mine just stopped working, I have tried to figure out what it is but no luck. Can someone help me?

My page is www.owencountybassmasters.com
    Kentucky Wide Design

Re: Ad Banner Rotator

Originally posted by ezradavis72 View Post
    Mine just stopped working, I have tried to figure out what it is but no luck. Can someone help me?

My page is www.owencountybassmasters.com
    Rather difficult to tell WHERE it is supposed to be without you specifying, let alone offer suggestions how to resolve!

Your page is rather "heavy" with ill-formatted images and multiple utilities, and as far as I can tell, it may just be on your end due to your system limitations or connection only.

Seems that your rotators are working as I view them ... use your photo editor (or PixResizer from VodaHost if need be) to reduce the file sizes of your images, and simply re-publish the page to see if your browser cache needs to be updated. May have to clean out your browser's cache as well ...
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Ok, So after you telling me what a bad job I did. I took your advice and went back and resized everything and made them the same.
      But as I looked at it at work and at home the three lower ad blocks on the bottom of the page are not changing for me? Are you saying it is for You?
      Kentucky Wide Design

Comment

Hi
        I visited today that page, using FF 8.
        The 3 banner at the bottom are working OK.
        However, I would suggest you to make this page narrower, as it is more than 1220 pix wide, needing to scroll horizontally to see all the content.
        German
        www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

There was no comment on how good or bad you page was designed, only in reference to the facts of elements that affect the performance of your page itself. Paying closer attention to the overall composition (construction) will always produce better results, and in this case particularly, some basics were overlooked that have a noticeable impact on the page functionality(if not appeal).

Keeping the page light in both coding (scripts, image file sizes, sheer volume of file weight) and contrasting elements will allow the visuals to better communicate to each visitor without overwhelming them. This speaks to continuity as much as it does awareness of the requirements of each element to perform as desired.

And yes, page size is something important .... the current standards for page construction are that they be no wider than 984 pixels wide (based on the 16 Grid system, and to allow a margin to center), and an average maximum suggested depth of no longer than 1300 pixels.

You can modify within these universal parameters any way you prefer, but again, the performance of your page/site will ultimately depend upon your implementation of a better overall understanding.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the good explanation vasili. I am experiencing a similar problem. My Ad Banner Rotator was working perfectly until I made a recent change to my pages. I used navaldesigns tip so that i would not have to continually have to change certain page elements like my menu...
            <?
            include 'menu.html';
            ?>

Since the change, my ad banner rotator has ceased working. It works OK in preview mode because the "menu" html element is not live.

The url is http://www.petcarecover.com and the rotator is in the bottom left corner... "For All Creatures Great and Small"

Thanks for any advice
            The Female Zone

Comment

Working...
            X