This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• key words in URL

Hello , I have seen previous threads , but they closed , so I open new one. I understand that it is good for SE's if page name inform about page content. Is it important for SE 's if the folders in URL also inform about the site or it not makes difference.
    Example: www.vf.com/vegetables/tomato.html , www.vf.com/fruits/pear.html .
    I guess that answer is positive, but would like to see the answer.
    Last edited by daninon; 02-21-2011, 02:50 PM. Reason: typo

Re: key words in URL

Establishing clear construct relevancy as shown in your example is helpful in contributing to organic value if there are sections (separate directories) of a larger website titled using Keywords that are properly prevalent and anchored. A forum can be created to supplement a site's dynamic nature and add to valuations if installed in a directory such as www.YourDomain.com/community/ and even a blog can add value by using a Keyword that is not entirely core to the site itself, such as www.YourDomain.com/library/
    It is amplified if carefully creating the Pages within these sites/directories to also add relevancy, such as www.YourDomain.com/library/consumer-advice.html and so on.
    It is important to always provide solid anchoring of any titles, terms, or Keywords used, otherwise the effort will prove worthless and may actually create a liability for a site if not fully compliant with basic META standards.

I am in the process of completing a website that implements this as well ... as you can decipher from these links: www.TheLUXURYmall.com/tampa and to a page within that site www.TheLuxuryMall.com/tampa/sample-ads.html You can see how by using a city name as a separate directory not only helps to create a separate site and section (directory), it also will add to the Search Engine values to attribute specific relevance to not only the larger Main site (www.TheLUXURYmall.com) but to the individual site (directory: "/tampa/") as with added location, and the Page that adds a complimentary value from it's title.

There are times when discernment must be used, however, as would be in the case when such "detailling" of valued terms overburdens the eventual URL by making it too long or prone to mis-spelling (among other variables). In other words keep things simple (as shown above-- as compared to www TheLuxuryMall.com/greater-tampa-bay/too-long-page-title.html ) for best results.

As you know, the relationship between Page Names, Keywords, site construct relevancy, and H-META has been discussed in depth already in this thread >> http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sea...-metatags.html .... which is where you found the inspiration for your example.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you . I have seen H-Meta thread.

Comment

That was not "The H-META Thread" as much as it was a thread discussing the details of Page Titles, Keywords, and other uncommonly discussed methods and how they fit with H-META, and is the discussion from which you extrapolated your inquiry above (which was answered fully).

Use the knowledge well .... it is the distinction of wisdom.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X