This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embed a pdf and display on your webpage

Here is a tutorial for displaying an embeded pdf on your webpage.

Direct link as well for those that have had difficulty opening here ..

Embed a pdf on your website

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: Embed a pdf and display on your webpage

Very Nice!

An argument not documented before. Well done.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

We all needed that... its just one of those things that you know is easy to do but when you get to doing it you can't quite do it. So now there is a guide for it for all of us beginners and also pro's that just forget.... Great job Lady.

Comment

where do i get the code from?

this is a PDF that is on my computer...

thanks

Comment

She gave you the code if you LOOK .. you upload the pdf to your site first via control panel or use blue ftp. Ive told you this now twice.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Great Tutorial... I'll be using that.

Darren
            Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Originally posted by sharonavnon View Post
              where do i get the code from?

this is a PDF that is on my computer...

thanks

I do understand we are not all "normal Webmasters, so not all of this makes sense like it would if you learned any other way than using website builders like 1and1, net id now and others similar to it. Even yahoos.

An easy way is to open a new page (or template) Click your plug in button on the left side mid top corner. Then double click or right click and go to properties.

You will see a browse button, click browse and find the file on your pc. Upload and press ok. You can now make the plug in what ever size you like. This will create a Iframe on the page. Now just save your page whatever you want to call it and then you can create a hyper link to that file from what ever page you want. Don't forget to publish it and Viola you are done!

Here is a example with a link going to a PDF file. (see link near bottom)http://www.magicwater.ws/warranty.html
              www.rodharper.com (new)

Comment

Nice! Thank you David for pointing me here.

This is sort of, but not exactly what I'm looking for...I'm sure that what I need will involve one of George's I-frames that I still have not figured out.

I have a site that has several pdf files to which we will be adding monthly. beside the download menu I have thumbnail icons of the files that the user can open & view online. I can not make a page for every file that we have & will have (or can I?)

Is there a way to make one page where all files will be opened using a wildcard for the name of the file?

Comment

This is fantastic! Thank you so much!

Comment

That is very marvellous. I shall be of great help to me.

www.elimunet.com

Comment

Here is a update to the above post. it has been noticed that some members are not catching the code so here it is change the Red parts to suit.

Code:
                      <embed src="[COLOR="Red"]http://www.yourdomain.com/file1.pdf[/COLOR]" width="[COLOR="red"]500[/COLOR]" height="[COLOR="red"]650[/COLOR]"></embed>

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi LadyEye

I tried your method and it worked OK. (Thanks for this tutorial !!)

The only thing is that the .pdf file is displayed in full size within the window.

As the window is narrower than the width of the .pdf page, the visitor would have to use the scrollbars to see the text or reduce the size of the view.

It would be much nicer to display the file in say 50% of the original size, something like the page you showed as an example in your tutorial, so that the full page could be seen from the very beginning. Is there a way to do that?
                        German
                        www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

kortia,

Thank you for showing us how to insert pdf files into our websites using the plugin. Your technique made it very simple and easy to use.

Regards,

Sue Scaletta
                          Sue Scaletta
                          Internet marketer/home business owner

http://www.videoemailchat.com
                          http://www.lanechase.net
                          http://www.suescaletta.com

Comment

Originally posted by kortia View Post
                            I do understand we are not all "normal Webmasters, so not all of this makes sense like it would if you learned any other way than using website builders like 1and1, net id now and others similar to it. Even yahoos.

An easy way is to open a new page (or template) Click your plug in button on the left side mid top corner. Then double click or right click and go to properties.

You will see a browse button, click browse and find the file on your pc. Upload and press ok. You can now make the plug in what ever size you like. This will create a Iframe on the page. Now just save your page whatever you want to call it and then you can create a hyper link to that file from what ever page you want. Don't forget to publish it and Viola you are done!

Here is a example with a link going to a PDF file. (see link near bottom)http://www.magicwater.ws/warranty.html
                            Hey, Kortia....tks a bunch for this tip - needed to do just this today & it's soooo easy.
                            Nice one,
                            david

searching old threads really pays LOl
                            Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Sorry that was way to fast for me. LOL. Im a bit slow anyway. first you point to image box, then to HTML box. When i clicked on image box I get a screen that is waiting for me to pick which file? Then i go to HTML box? Something isnt working because what i di looked nothing like your tutorial?
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X