This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding CSS Stylesheet

I just downloaded BlueVoda and I was so hoping that it would provide me the flexibility I need without the restrictions I continue to run across. I have an html template that I uploaded to BlueVoda but it does not seem to recognize the css file completely. I can't figure out what's going on and following the other posts didn't seem to help either. Is there a work around or fix for this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

Re: Adding CSS Stylesheet

>> How to ask for assistance

You can "edit" the CSS within a BlueVoda created web page, but not import it as a Template (which means your editing will have to be done on a published page, which in turn requires a hosting account from VodaHost so the BlueVoda web page can be unencrypted by the server during publishing). As BlueVoda is a proprietary a HTML generator, this unencryption is necessary first to establish the stable code which you can properly edit and alter when seen as an HTML page file rather than the ".bvp" formatting seen prior to publishing/unencryption.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Let me see if I have this straight. I have a template which I uploaded to BlueVoda by doing "File-New Page-From Existing HTML File". This template has an associated css file. I will not be able to use the css file associated with it because the html file was not created with BlueVoda, is that correct?

Thanks...

Comment

A CSS code is not a HTML file, so importing it will not have proper results.

As a HTML generator, BlueVoda can import the same type of file it generates (HTML) from a variety of sources, but to modify, edit, or otherwise alter a CSS stylesheet which is 'associated' with or part 'of' a HTML file, it is necessary to alter the coding directly, and that can be done after a page file has in fact been generated.

As far as I know, but then I'm not a CSS coder.
        Is there any other thread in these Forums or in this, the CSS Forum, that says otherwise??
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Oh, ok, thanks...

Comment

You can import a css stylesheet by adding it directly in the "Between Head" tag of the page HTML.

However, BV is NOT a HTML editor, it is a HTML generator, and as such itassigns to objects its own scc code so unless you are very experienced on manipulating the objects HTML through their properties, it will be hard to accomplish your goal. Also, in the BV workspace, objects will NOT look as they should because css code added this way does NOT affect objects inside the BV workspace.

A rather easy solution would be to format styles within BV to match those of your template, and then assign each object the proper style. This way objects will also look in the BV workspace the same as they look in your original template and the same as they will look like when the page is previewed or published.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

That makes sense, thanks everyone for all your help.

Comment

Working...
              X