This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about router and shared connection on home network

Hi, i have a netgear router and 2 pc's in seperate rooms that are "wired" to the router. I thought that we share the connection/bandwidth between the 2 computers. But while i was downloading something on my mom's pc at 140kb .. and had DU Meter (a prog that displays current bandwidth being used )installed on my pc.... it didn't display any bandwidth being used at all. so how does that work? are we sharing the connection or not? If i am downloading something on one pc .. doesn't it slow things down on the other pc?

Re: question about router and shared connection on home network

I would also like to add a 2nd part to my question ... i finally got the wireless network up in my house so now the computer in the other room is connected both wired and wirelessly ... now ... is data coming through both ways? or is it through only one way? should the connection be faster now that its coming in both ways? how does that work exactly?

Comment

You may have more luck/reaction/answers to your question if you found a forum that is more appropriate........this is really for those of us who are building sites & have related questions/problems..........or.......be patient! There are 1 or 2 "Generals" here with a whole lot of knowledge - 1 will respond eventually :)
      Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Netgear has 2 channels
        websites i've built and designed

http://www.lbimprovements.com/
        http://www.exstazjianjsadian.com/
        http://www.cbpbarn.com/

Comment

Originally posted by thyssen View Post
          I would also like to add a 2nd part to my question ... i finally got the wireless network up in my house so now the computer in the other room is connected both wired and wirelessly ... now ... is data coming through both ways? or is it through only one way? should the connection be faster now that its coming in both ways? how does that work exactly?
          The data transfer is bothways.

The wired connection will have a much faster connection and transfer speed than the wireless connection due to software and router limitation.

NetGear also have four channels depending on the model you purchased.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
          X