This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login question for one page

I am trying to figure out how to make a login page for one page so that several people at different times can sign in and add, change or take things away from that page. I am working on a website for a church that would like to be able to sign in from the internet, like from their home computer, change some things then log out. Is this possible? If so can someone direct me to the right direction?

Re: Login question for one page

Not possible using Blue Voda or the website hosted at VodaHost, as it would require shared access to the control panel or a dynamic scripting that is not permitted to run on VodaHost servers.

You are asking to do something similar to how some providers allow subscribers to design their own pages (more or less), as seen with some Wedding Websites and the like. This requires a very extensive scripting ($$) and server resources of usually a dedicated server configuration, and cannot be mimiced by sharing Control Panel access or dynamic page editing via a simple Memebership, Login, or DB Management script.

There are certain aspects that can be performed and run with VodaHost hosting, however, such as seen in how Users can log onto and make entries into a Web Calendar, or leave comments or posts as in a Forum or Blog. Even a CMS platform like Joomla or Drupal have different single aspects that may interest you, but none of them come close to the freedoms to create, edit, or access the foundation in the manner you describe.

Sorry! You'll have to re-think your idea.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Login question for one page

Ok thank you so much for the quick reply. I will have to rethink it for sure. Thanks again. Kaly

Comment

Working...
      X