New Web Site Finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Web Site Finally

Hi everyone...well after many months, I have finally published my website and would appreciate any comments (good or bad). I still have to add a "contact us" form and I would like a more professional look, but with work and patience, I'm sure this will happen soon.
    Thank you in advance.
    Lynda Taylor
    www.thevirtualword.com

Re: New Web Site Finally

Hi Lynda,

Site looks nice except for a few things that bothered me ...but that isa personal opinio. First I think the navigaion bar should be in one spot on all pages...you have it on the side on the first page and then on the top for all other pages. I persaonlly also like the nav. bar to be consistent and have al lthe links on all the pages but I knwo some like it the way you have done it where the link for the page you are on is not shown.

Also your Pages are untitled when you click on them and this is easy to solve by going into your Properties box for each page and giving it a Title...this makes it easier for the search engines to find.

I htink you've got a good site it loads fast so no worries there.

Good luck with everything and Welcome to the Forum.
    Beezz
    sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks Beezz...I really appreciate the info...I didn't realize I had to name the pages myself...LOL...I thought that came automatically and also found out where to enter the meta tags...I also changed the navigation bar and color so it is the same on all pages...actually it does look much better and also leaves me room for other things down the left side.
      Thanks again,
      Lynda

Comment

Good job, ditto Beez' comments and might suggest:
        -The rollover for the Navbar could be a solid color, as opposed to the BV logo.
        -The quote page link is not working.
        -Check your grammar, I believe there should be a comma not a period after texts in: For everyone: In other areas, including literature and educational, academic and technical texts. The Virtual Word.com can
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanks, Bill...appreciate your comments. You are correct that I missed that error in grammar and it will be changed immediately. Also the roll over should be a solid color, not BV logo. The reason the quote page doesn't work is because I haven't completed that page yet. Hopefully by tomorrow, it will be up and running.
          Thanks again,
          Lynda

Comment

You're welcome.
            Good luck
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi Lynda: Nice site. In addition to what has been said, the thing that really jumped out at me was your header. The jaggedness of the words on your home page in the header. Is there something you can do to clean that up? Are the words part of your grayline background gif? Anyway, I think that would look better if the words weren't so jagged. Didn't have much time to look deep into your site, but I think you have done a great job!
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Yes, I noticed that problem and I have been trying to fix it...very frustrating to say the least...but because it is the name of my company, I think my only other option is to make a new heading with crisp lettering.
                Thank you...your comments are very much appreciated.
                Lynda

Comment

The titles on the pages - as with the text on the pages - are a major part of what search engines will use to pick up your site in searches - so they are vital to be done and done right.

Have a look at the following SEO ebook for a little help with this:
                  Seo - The Basics

You've got a great start here.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth...thank you for the e-book. I have read part of it and it is going to be very helpful. This is "need to have" advice for me, as I'm not very familiar with meta tags, search engines, etc.
                    Thanks again,
                    Lynda

Comment

Looking good, just check your quote link.
                      Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hi Sharon...I'm in the process of building my quote page as I write this. Having a few problems, but hopefully can I find what I need to know with all the tutorials available in BV. If not, I will scream for help...)
                        I have also made a few changes on the site, like changing that ragged header on the first page.
                        Lynda

Comment

You're welcome.

And going to hold my ears for when that scream comes in :)

That's what the forum is for - and sometimes we all have to scream!
                          Beth
                          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth...well I screamed...did you hear me????..LOL...you guys are the greatest. I hope that someday I will be able to give some answers myself, as well as "scream" for help...LOL
                            Anyway, I opened a new thread to ask for help on a drop down menu...but I'm such an airhead sometimes...I went back and really read what I was doing and was finally able to figure it out...so now I have my drop down without the "GO" button...only thing is I have to enter each state's name seperately. I was hoping to cut and paste...oh well...can't have everything...must get on with this quote page...I get so involved and will probably be up all night doing this...LOL
                            Lynda

Comment

Please help me. I need to get into action and earn some good ole money. I would like to know how to use the tools and build a website dedicated tod Blue Voda.

Comment

Working...
                              X