Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database and Forms?

Hi all,

I have been wondering if it would be possible to create a form that sends all the information that was entered onto the form to a MySQL database and store it there?

Then, to further complicate things... I thought that another form could be used to take all the information that was in the database - for a specific user - and place it onto the form, would this be possible?

Please help, I am really in need of it. Oh btw, I can't program in PHP...

Best Regards,
    Chris

Re: Database and Forms?

Try using Form Maker Pro in the treasure chest!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I'll try that...

Thank you,
      Chris

Comment

Hi...

Thanks I can use Form Maker Pro to store information in a database... but can I use it to place that info - that is stored in the database - onto my webpage?

Thanks,
        Chris

Comment

Hi, what you can do is download the information that is stored in FM/pro into cvs format to MS/XL From here it is quite flexible with what you can do with it. IE put it into an address book or database & so on.

Good luck,

Chris.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi...

Thank you for your reply... I understand what you mean. The only problem is that I have no idea how to take information from a database and place it on my webpage... could you help me with that?

Could I possibly use one of the "Content Management" programs in Fantastico to help me?

Thank you for your help thus far,
            Chris

Comment

Hi, have you got FMP installed on your server for you to use & made up a form for your site?? If so have you got the link to the forms page. it will give me some ideas on what you would like to do.

Chris
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi,

If you take a look at this post : http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/var...html#post87509

Then it might give you a better example of what i want... I can now do the form part.. which was basically using FMP to store all the info - that the client enters - into a database. Now, the part that I am stuck on... Is can I take that info from the database and publish it onto my webpage?

There are examples of what I wish to do on the other post... please have a look.

Thank you so much for everything,
                Chris

Comment

You need a custom made script to acheive this. Have a look at http://www.navaldesign.info/databasemanager
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ahah! I see Naval got there with the posh version. (like it) Will keep my eye on this posting.
                    Oh well! here’s the cheap version.

This is only a manual way, but at least you can take out the info that you may not want others to see.

1. Login to FMP & select data storage. (assuming you have set this up for your form)
                    2. Under log, click on the form that you want to take data from.
                    3. Next screen, click on the Export to CSV You will get a pop up to expot to MS XL. Press ok.
                    4. XL will open automatically & except the data.
                    5. In XL click on file then web page preview to see if you like it. You may have to resize your columns & rows in XL to accommodate the info & maybe take out some info not needed..
                    6. If you like what you see? Go back to XL, click on file & save as a web page
                    7. With BV’s FTP, upload to your site & have a look for the file in c panel & see what the hyper link is. I think it saves it as a htm extension & not a html . Not sure if this makes any difference, but a think i remember having to rename to an html extension instead of htm. You should be able to click on the link in c panel to check its working.

It may be worth putting this info in an iframe so you can mess around with the rest of the page with other info & menus & alike. If you’re not sure on iframes?
                    1. On the page you want this info on, select iframe & place it on the page.
                    2. Double click on the iframe for properties & put the XL link in the URL box. (It will auto load)
                    3. If you can? Select no boarder & scroll bars to never, to make it look a little neater.
                    4. Preview & stretch iframe to accommodate the XL info.

There might be an easier way to do all this, but I think you may have to have some scripting done.

Good luck

Chris.
                    PS. i think i like Navals way????
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

WOW.....

NAVAL!!! That is exactly what I'm looking for!!! Absolutely brilliant!!! Thank you!!!
                      So, if I understand this correctly... All of that info that was on your webpage is also stored on a database? It is amazing....

Now... how would I make this 'custom made script', because I would really like one... Is it hard to make one?

Thank you to Collectors-info for all your input...

Best Regards,
                      Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,
                        you are correct, this is a test application i have been trying the other day. And yes, those are data stored in a database, through filling in a form. The visitor fills in the form, the data gets stored in the database, and the admin can retreive and work (add, delete, edit) with it. Also, the visitors may be given some privileges, allowing them to edit their own profile and info. You can setup the pages in such a way that a login may also be required for being able to view or work with the pages. However, you need either hand coding to acheive this, or one of the pro scripts that will allow you to create the code without hand coding.
                        Navaldesign
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Naval...

It's exactelly what I need... because I need the users to be able to edit their own info, and I need to be able to edit thier info too. I have another question... or two actually... well 3...

1. With searching within a database... would I be able to have 2 drop-down lists (with County and Shop -as the titles) and 1 multy-select combobox (with Cities) - then the user selects the County and Shop that they would like... and they also select 3 different Cities(or all cities)... then the database is searched and only the info - in the database - that matches the county, shop and any 1 of the cities is shown.

2. Would I be able to hide an entry? With my admin ability?

3. Where would I get a pro script?

Thank you again Naval,
                          Chris

Comment

You can search with any criteria in a database if the script allows you to. It's a question of how the script has been made.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                            X