This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with buttons and shapes - please help

I contacted Customer Support as after I published a page, a shape from this page replaced a button on another previously published page. I then republished the page with the error and this page was now fine but the buttons were out of order or the button text was missing on the first page. The missing button was in place of a shape further down the page. Customer support asked me to clear the temporary history on my computer - no change - and they suggested I delete the buttons and create them again. I ended up having to do this on every page that has buttons but this worked until this weekend. I updated my Heaven's Highway page and published - all was fine. Then I updated and published my index page. I added a red star shape with text to my index page which has never been on my site before. When I checked my pages online, the exact red star shape had replaced 1 of the buttons on the Heaven's Highway page. I then republished the Heaven's Highway page and the buttons were now wrong on the index page. (when you hover over a button the correct text does appear). The text of 1 missing button now replaced the red star shape further down the page. I have used BlueVoda for nearly 18 months with no problems but I have very limited computer knowledge so does anyone have any ideas as to what is happening. How does publishing 1 page cause problems on another page that is already published? My website is http://www.scvc.co.za and the index page currently shows the problems.

Re: Problem with buttons and shapes - please help

hi alma7
    your navigation bar needs redoing because when you go on each button its got a url for a differant page so redo it on your index page then save as then copy and past on you other pages hope this helps graham

Comment

Hi golly1,

Customer Support suggested I delete the navigation bars and create them again. I did this for every page that has navigation bars. As I was doing this, the page published fine but there were errors involving the navigation bars of other pages until I had replaced them all. Then all the pages were fine until this past weekend. I updated and published my Heaven's Highway page - all fine. I then added a red star shape with text to my index page and published it. The index page published fine but when I checked my pages online the exact red star shape also appeared as 1 of the buttons on the Heaven's Highway page. I then republished the Heaven's Highway page and it was now fine online but the problems with the navigation bar on the index page now appeared. The Heaven's Highway button on the index page is now in the place of the red star shape further down the page. This is how the index page currently is. I could start deleting and creating the navigation bars again but I'm worried that this will just be a temporary fix until I update a page and publish it again. Why should updating and publising 1 page affect another page online? I have never had this problem before now.

Alma7

Comment

Are you copying and pasting? I had some problems with this once. The items on each page need to be created on that page. If you copy something from one page and then paste it on another page, and then change and republish, you may run into trouble. I don't know why this happens but for some reason, sometimes it does. The best rule of thumb... create each item on each page individually. If you plan to change anything about a shape, whether the text, link or even the shape itself, don't copy and paste it on any other pages.

Comment

I am having problems like that as well. The buttons on the pages of my site (www.cyclonerepertory.com) keep changing text all the time, or shape. These are probably buttons I copied and pasted at some point when I was creating the pages, but still, I edited the buttons and changed the text, and then published them. But why should the text keep changing? I dont know what can I do. Thanks a lot.

Best wishes,

Marcus Bale

Comment

This has been addressed in the aforementioned reply from Support, in this thread, and in these Forums repeatedly: when you create you pages in duplicate using "Save As" the images and other items retain the same name and identification as other previous pages, which causes problems.

When making duplicate pages with items that are shared on all pages, instead use the COPY and PASTE icons to precisely populate the pages with the identical items in the same position.

Do not make changes to an item on one page that is not made on all, as this will affect the entire string of same items.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Or, use the "Clone Page" instead of the "Save As"
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

That works too!

I didn't think to suggest it, most likely since I don't use CLONE. For some reason, I am simply stuck in my ways, although I am incredibly quick ...
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X