X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums??? Support Tickets???

Hi there,

How is everyone?

I am looking for one Forum Posting application, and one Support Ticket application that I can add to my website. I would like them to be a good-looking and easy to use applications. If possible, I would like them to be free.
    What about the programs in fantastico?
    Could someone recommend which of the 'Discussion Boards' and the 'Customer Relationship' programs would be able to help me most effficiently?

Thank you in advance,
    Chris

Re: Forums??? Support Tickets???

I have been pretty successful tweaking the various technologies to do a myriad of new tasks, including CRM and Support.

For Client Support, for instance, I have had nothing but compliments from users who utilize a templated phpBB Forum that is password protected. I even have "White Papers" and other resources 'posted' for downloading, having used the organizing features of forums with the sub-directory MOD's installed.

There are a handful of traditional choices for Support in Fantastico! which you should explore, and you will not be lacking with any choice you make therein. I simply preferred to go the "semi-live" route and was sure to enhance the resources available (manuals, videos, etc. all posted) as most of the issues were very user-solvable. Not only was I spared having to place someone in front of a screen (as would be needed with a Support Ticket utility), I have actually been able to convert what would have been prolonged customer frustration online to immediate resolution over the phone: yes the client can find a wealth of resources online, but it is much more satisfying (and cheaper+quicker) to convert them to feeling free to call 24/7 and get "fixed."

This having been proven, I am currently designing an additional module based on the WordPress format....still debating the feasability of public vs. protected, as I do not wish to create a situation that will require regular "cleansing" of spam and the like.

(PS: It lets the client claim the victory if you empower them to do it themselves, despite all the kudos written about Live Chat!)

To answer your question speficially: the phpBB Forum available free in your Fantastico! has many free templates you may customize your forum with, and the MOD's are also available to enhance the performance as needed. Same thing for WordPress (the blog) which can function as a slick "board" for many applications. With fewer free Templates, customizing WordPress is just as easy.
    Three of the 5 five or so true live Support/Ticket utilities offered in your cPanel at Fantastico! are actually "free" and with different core features, you must be the one to evaluate their acceptability for your distinct needs.

Good Luck.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you Vasili,

Your reply has helped me out a lot....

Best Regards,
      Chris

Comment

Thanks, Chris, for the opportunity to be of service.

Anytime....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X